Chapter nine

When Condrey left, Joanna pulled me into a hug, I had said good luck to her, before she had to leave and before Steffie took me back to my room where Carey, Kayleigh and Ella was sat on the couch still watching, Condrey, Joanna and me on the screen.

"And the girl, who is going through is... Joanna Hunt"

All three of them begin cursing at the screen, saying that I should have gone through, not Joanna. I cough a little too quite them down; Ella is the first one to, as she turns round to see me. And as she does she runs up to me and pulls me into a hug, the others follow her and pull me into a group hug, all them saying that I should of gone through, when in reality the vote was fair, Joanna was going through because she got the most votes not me.

When they pull away, Steffie walks up to pulls and us all into a group hug too, before telling us that in half an hour we would be on a train going to our districts.

Time passed and all the girls who did not find a minion were on a train, all of us on the same one. Ella, Kayleigh Carey and me was sat in my room on the floor just talking about random stuff, such as our time in the games, even though it was short, we all had an amazing time, we just wish that we found a minion ourselves. Unfortunately, some of us had to go home if we like it or not. The husband games had to go on, without us.

When we arrived at our first stop, district T, a voice was heard. "Can Aneequa Williams, Zuzanna Kapella and Mary Elizabeth please say goodbye to the girls you have met during the husband games and get off the train."

The voice then went away and the four of us got up off the floor and went out to see the three girls giving hugs to everyone, they walked over to us and gave us each a hug.

After they finished saying their goodbyes, they walked over to the doors of the train and stepped off. Minutes pass and the doors close and begin to move, heading towards the next district.

We then walked back into our room and sat on the bed instead. "I cannot believe that we are going home," says Kayleigh sighing.

"We all knew that some of us would be going home, and we expected that we could have found a minion each when we didn't" Carey speaks up from the end of the bed.

When we arrived at district H five girls went off, their names called over the speaker. We did the same as the first district and gave hugs to each other before they got off the train and we was off to district E.

District E is the next stop. "Shana Saliba, Tiasah Novak, Trinity Parkes and Iris Edwards please get ready to get off the train."

Once again, we all said our goodbyes to each other before we headed off to the next district, district J.

When we got to district N Ella had to get off, so we all gave her a hug each as well as the other girls getting off the train with her.

District S is when Carey and Kayleigh had to get off the train, I gave them a hug as well as the other girls, before she got off the train and we started to move to district K.

Soon we arrived to district S2, only two girls left on the train. Clara and I walk towards the open door and we both take a deep breath before stepping off the train and begin walking home together.

"This is my stop" Clara speaks up as we stand by a reasonably sized house for her sized family; she has her mum, dad, three brothers and seven sisters. Some of them already left and got their own house though.

We both hugged each other before she walked to the door and walked in; she turned back around and waved to me, smiling.

I carried on walking home, wanting to see my mum again.

As I got closer, the door opens and my mum steps out of the home and, as we both see each other, we begin running, meeting each other in the middle. She pulls me into a bone crushing hug and just held me there.

When we pull apart from the hug, we walked back into the house and sat down by the TV in the living room, by the unlit fire.

"Sweetie, I have missed you so much" my mum gushes.

"I have missed you too" I smile.

"But I wish you had gotten a minion and got through to the next round"

"It just wasn't my year to shine. I still have a few years until I will be too old to participate in the husband games, and am I still do not have a husband by then. I would have to marry someone within the district." I sigh, thinking about my future.

"Olive, you know some day you will find the man perfect that you will marry but in the mean time, he is waiting to find you." I loved how my mum always knows what to say in different situations, I just wished that I also had my dad around but when he died because of an accident with a drunk driver. It felt as if my world came tumbling down on me, I had always been a daddy's little princess. So when he died I became closer to mum.

"Thanks mum," I say standing up and giving her a hug. "Would you like a cup of tea, or coffee?"

"Coffee please sweetie" Nodding I walk into the kitchen and fill the kettle up to make a coffee for my mum and a cup of tea for myself. After brining both cups into the room, we both started to talk about what I had done in the games and what I have missed in district N2.