Chapter one

(the whole novel is dedicated to the girl who came up with the whole idea of the husband games 1dream41d)

"Olive! Are you awake yet?" my mum shouts from outside my locked door.

Turning over onto my side, I grab my phone from my bedside table. Glancing at the time, I push the covers off my body, unlock my door, and rush to the bathroom to get a shower.

After stripping off, I step under the warm water. And after a few moments of standing there, I begin washing my hair and body, washing away the dirt from the night before.

As I finish I turn off the shower and step out, I grab a towel and wrap it around my body and one around my hair.

Walking back into my bedroom I dry my body and put a bra and underwear on before walking over to my wardrobe and getting the clothes that I picked out the night before.

I laid the outfit on my bed while I did both my makeup and hair. I begin by applying concealor, hiding away the few spots on my cheeks. When I finished my makeup I start with my hair, I brush out the knots and tangles before curling the bottom.

After I finished curling my hair, I start painting my nails blue to match my skirt. I then put the black crop top, blue skirt on and black heels I finished the outfit by putting a black and blue glittery phone case on my iphone. Then I walk to my full-length mirror and look at my outfit over all. My dirty blonde hair hung in loose curls, and my makeup mostly natural with a small amount of eyeliner.

The black heels making me about three inch taller than my small height of 5 ft 2" with my phone in hand I walk out of my reasonably sized bedroom and walk into the kitchen where my mum stood in her work clothes. "You look beautiful Olive, if you go now you won't be rushing down to the centre in those heels" my mum smiled at me and pulled me into a hug.

"Bye mum!" I shout as I walk out of the house and towards to the centre of our district ready for the reaping.

This year is the year for the Janoskianators, where five girls from all thirteen districts, so 65 girls would compete to become the wife of one of the Janoskians.

It is different every year because they do not need more than one wife so every year it changes a few years ago boys were competing to marry Elle Golding. Last year it was Ariana Grande, this year it is the Janoskians turn. Each district has a letter from 'the Janoskians' district one is T district two is H district three is E and so on. My district is S2, the last letter and last district.

As I got closer to the centre of the district the noises became louder and more people were around, groups of girls walking together dressed in Janoskians merchandise.

But before, all the girls had to sign in, so that our names can be put into the big bowl and then be pulled out to be in the games.

I signed in and made my way through to the large crowd of Janoskianators and to my best friend Avaline, we met each other in our first year in high school and we've been best friends ever since.

Steffie walks onto the big stage in front of us dressed in her very unusual clothing, ready to start the reaping.

"Good morning ladies, today we will be picking five girls to compete with all the other girls from each district, each district will have a girl for each boy in the Janoskians. And as always we go back and watch previous games."

Both of us turn to the nearest big screen and see Ariana Grande. It shows all the different challengers they all did and then the marriage.

When it ended, Steffie begins to speak. "And now we will pick the five girls going into the husband games"