Chapter thirteen

Olive's POV

When I watched Condrey say my name, I froze, just as I did when Steffie called out my name during the reapings. My mum, who was watching it with me, started cheering, wanting to celebrate somehow.

"Sweetie, you are going back into the games!" she squealed, standing up and pulling me up, making us jump up and down in the middle of the living room.

We celebrated that night by meeting up with Clara and her family and went out for a meal, I felt sorry that Clara was not going back in but she had said she is happy for me. "But I still feel bad." I told her back, and it is true, because I have been given another chance, even though it is only because the girl cheated during the first arena.

Hours passed and I was getting ready for bed, the morning would be when the train comes for me and I return to the capitol, where the girls and I would be put into another arena.

Slipping into my bed, my bedroom in total darkness, I think about what this second chance has given me, that if I do not try my absolute best in the next arena, I could be sent home again.

Morning soon came, sunlight slipping though the tiny gaps in my curtain. Turning over I grab my phone and check the time. I see that it is 9:20am meaning that it is time to get up and get ready for the big day ahead.

I showered and brushed my teeth before returning back to my bedroom and walking to where all my makeup is, I apply natural before walking over to my wardrobe to pick out the outfit I would wear to the Capitol.

Searching through all my different clothing, I find a crop top with flowers covering it and a white lace skater skirt, for shoes I put white converse on.

After I check my outfit in my full length mirror and happy with it, I walk out and get some breakfast.

"Morning sweetie" My mum says as I walk into the kitchen, her glasses on top of her head as she reads on her phone.

"Morning" I sit down and got a apple, as I scroll through my feed on Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram, looking at photos of Luke, Jai, Beau, James and Daniel yesterday with Condrey. I even saw Beau's tweet about meeting with Condrey, after retweeting and liking the tweet, I look at the clock and quickly finish the apple and throwing away the apple core.

"What time do you have to be at the train station?" My mum asks, putting her glasses back on.

"In fifteen minutes, but I don't want to be late so I am going to start walking down now." I smile, standing up and putting my phone into the waistband of my skirt, keeping it safe.

"I'll walk down with you." Before I can say anything, she slips on her shoes and walks over to me ready.

"Okay, let's go."

The two of us walk down to the train station, taking our time but knowing that I had to be there at a certain time.

When we arrived, I had just less than five minutes until the train would arrive and I would have to say my goodbyes once again.

Seconds pass and I see a girl walking towards us, as she gets closer, I notice that it is Clara. She walks up closer to us smiling, and as she stops walking, she pulls me into a tight hug. "You have a second chance, if you come home again, I'll disown you," she whispers in my ear, chuckling a little afterwards.

End she pulls away I hear the train, the loud noise of it moving along the metal tracks.

As the train comes to a halt, the side door slides open and Steffie comes out, her style of clothing still bazaar as ever. Steffie walks up to me and brings me into a bone crushing hug, when she pulls away and looks behinds me, she sees Clara. Therefore, she pulls her into a bone crushing hug as well.

We talk a little before Steffie tells us that it is time for us to hop on the train so we can arrive in the Capitol soon.

I get on the train and go to the window at the back, so as we move I would be able to wave at both my mum and Clara goodbye.

I keep waving until they become miniature dots in the distance.

"Olive, come away from the window they can't see you anymore" Steffie says from the couch in front of the on TV. I do as I am told and walk away and sit down on the couch near her, she is watching a show with Condrey on, talking to the boys about something.

"Boys, we all have been interested about Olive Turner coming back into the games, what do you think about her, Luke? Being that she is competing for you." He asks his voice laced with interest. He leans closer to them, resting his elbow on the armchair and his head on the hand.

"I never got the chance to meet Olive, not once, so I didn't get the chance to get to know her, but from what we saw while she was in the first arena with the other sixty four girls. She showed she wanted to find the minion to get through. Unfortunately, she didn't find one in time so she went back to her district." He finished his short speech about me, which made me smile a little.

"Olive if you are watching this while you make your way back to the Capitol, then looks like Luke wants to get to know you." After that the program went to a break.

Looking over to Steffie, she was already looking at me, when she saw that I was looking at her she smiled. "You know, when we get to the Capitol some people want to meet you." This being said she got up and walked into the kitchen, leaving me to my own thoughts.