Chapter 6

I go over to the mirror and see blue smeared across my cheek where IHS was written. I quickly grab a rag and wipe it off thanking my stars that I didn't wear a lot of base or anything otherwise would've looked even worse. I fix my hair a little before turning around and nodding at the still waiting Chris. He swiftly opens the door to see a shocked Erik.

'Well well well,' He says leaning against the doorway. 'I knew Chris was in here but I never thought I would see the day that you two were alone.' I just roll my eyes at him and shove by Chris.

'What's the big emergency Erik?' I snap at him.

'I'm glad ya'll are both here together, it saves time.' He waves me off when I open my mouth to make another snappy reply. 'Save it Liz. Both of your brothers are downstairs looking for you.' He points at me. I groan loudly and shove by him in search of the morons.

I walk downstairs to see Matt and Mikey questioning people. I lean against the wall, still standing at the foot of the stairs and light a cigarette.

'I'm over here dumb and dumber.' I holler over the music. It's been turned down but I need to holler over all the fuss these two morons have caused. They used to rule the school and a lot of people look up to them. Their gazes snap to me and both glare at me. Matt quickly walks over to me and grabs my hand not holding my cigarette and drags me out of the door. As he drags me out the door I pass by someone holding a bottle of beer. I quickly snag it out of their hands and holler a quick thank you.

Before I know it I am at the front of my truck. I shake out of Matt's hold and glare at him. I take the bottle in my hand and chug it. I toss it away from me and take a long drag of my cigarette.

'What the fuck is your problem Matt?' I growl.

'How can you even ask me that? It's 2 o'clock in the morning not to mention you drove like a bat out of hell away from us without finishing our discussion.' He huffs.

'I was done with our conversation so I left while you two were having it over stupid shit.' I say.

'Elizabeth! We have to talk about this shit. You can't keep ignoring it; you can't stay with dad anymore. This is gone on for far too long. He isn't getting any better and I can't live with myself knowing you are living there and dealing with his bullshit.'

'How can you even say that Matt?!?! You fucking left me there knowing that mom's death had fucked him up. I know that you were already moved out but you knew how much he loved her. We both knew he was going to take it badly considering it was my fucking fault she is dead! How do you think he was going to take it living with me?!?!' I scream at him tears pouring out of my eyes.

'I knew he was going to take it badly, I expected the drinking but for him to abuse you....I never thought it would go that far Liz. You have to believe that-'

'Liz?' Matt is cut off by a voice saying my name. I immediately recognize the voice and close my eyes while letting out a quiet groan. I turn around and face Chris. He has a shocked look on his face.

'Just shut up Chris!' I snap. 'What the fuck do you care, huh? Where were you when mom died? Where the fuck were you during everything I have gone through in the past couple years? Oh wait let me think you were off fucking anything you could get your hands on. You were too fucking busy with everything else to even acknowledge me.' My voice cracking at the end; the tears won't stop pouring from my eyes and a strangled sob escapes my mouth that I was trying to hold in.

'Liz I..' I quickly turn around and run to my truck. I dig out my keys from my pocket and unlock my truck. I jump in, start it and peel out of the driveway as quickly as I can.