Chapter Fifty-One: Red Valentine

"Happy Valentine's Day, Angel." Drew smiled handing me a single yellow rose. Yes, traditionally a red or pink rose was given but my favourite flowers were yellow roses. He looked so hot, leaning against my locker smirking. His outfit just topped it all off; with his black leather jacket and low slung navy jeans.

"A yellow rose." I whispered in awe, dipping my nose into the centre to smell the sweet scent.

"Not only that, but the first yellow rose of the season." He smiled, cutely.

"You're so adorable you know that right?"

"I'm not adorable." He furrowed his eyesbrows cutely.

"No you're absolutely, impossibly, positively, hot and sexy and too good for me." I whispered.

"You're too good for me." He whispered huskily. I pulled his belt loops so he leaned towards me. "Just kiss me." We stared into each other's eyes, no further words exchanged. No other words needed. I gently applied a slight pressure to his warm lips. They immediately warmed my cold ones. This kiss was tender and full of love. We hadn't said those special words yet, but we didnt have to; not yet at least. This kiss was simple, yet still heart warming.

I didn't want anything big for Valentine's day and he knew that. What was amazing about Drew was that he put me first before everything else. A simple gesture like that made me so incredibly grateful that I have an amazing boyfriend. The entire school was littered with Valentine's day posters and red hearts plastered on the walls and yet this year they didn't affect me as much as the had previously. I think it was because I was so happy in my little bubble I couldn't care anymore.

As I walked through the hallways, I saw girls opening their lockers and heart shaped balloons popping out, or a bunch of flowers waiting for them. I rolled my eyes and clutched my single rose.

"A yellow rose? That's so weird Drew, Valentines day is about red roses." A girl from our class commented.

"I think it's just as effective." I glared at her. She rolled her eyes and walked past me. I shook my head and slipped my arm through Drew's and walked to our first class. My yellow rose was stared by all the girls we passed, some even snorted. I heard a few manly chuckles and some guys even whispered how unromantic a yellow rose was. I tried my best to ignore everything. But one particular guy hit a nerve.

"Drew is such a shit head. He bought his girlfriend a yellow rose. Did he not get the memo it was Valentine's Day? What an idiot?" Tyler Mosely laughed loudly with his friends. I blew out an angry breath before storming over to him.

"Hey there Maddi. Did you finally realize what a dickhead your boyfriend is?" He smirked and looked back at his friends.

"You know who's the dickhead? You. You're head is so far up your ass you can't see straight. Drew is the twice the man you'll ever be so don't you fucking dare insult my boyfriend like that, because next time you won't be standing long enough to give me a second look." I threatened, my eyes close to seeing red.

"You think you can threaten me little girl?" Tyler smirked. The arrogant asshole.

"Yeah I think I can." I replied coolly. Tyler cocked one eyebrow as if he didn't believe. I rolled my eyes at how much he underestimated me.

"Tyler I'd back off if I were you." Drew warned.

"Nah mate, make your bitch back off first."

"You didn't just call her a bitch." Drew growled, ready to punch him. I placed a hand on his bicep. He looked at me and smirked. I curled my fingers into my palm and before he could even say the word 'bitch', my fist had reached his stomach and was already making an impact on his lungs. I smirked as Tyler fell forward clutching his stomach, gasping for breath. His so called 'friends' stared at him and then shuffled backwards and left him there for fear of getting on my bad side.