Chapter Thirty-Three: A Valentine's Day Story

The little girl was excited to go to school that day. She had been looking for this day ever since her teacher mentioned the word and now she could finally show what she had made. She was dressed in her favourite baby pink dress, with her hair tied up with ribbons.

That morning she gave her mother a single red rose and her father one that matched. She said they were from the same stalk. Her parents cooed at her thoughtfulness. "Aww sweetheart that so sweet of you. Thank you." Her mother smiled kindly down at her.

Her small kiddish face mirrored her mother's happiness, though hers showed double the joy. So much kindness, for such a little girl barely the age of seven. "Mommy I love you." She said.

"Honey I love you too."

"Let's go to school!" She exclaimed.

"Someone's eager to go to school today." Her mother chuckled.

"Yes." She said excitedly. She could barely contain her excitement, but she tried so hard. She quickly said goodbye to her mother at the gate and ran to her classroom.

There sitting at the desk was her teacher Miss Pretty. Such an appropriate name too, as her facial features and figure matched her name. "Morning miss." She smiled happily.

"You're in a good mood today. Could it be because it's your special day?" Her teacher teased.

"Yes and my friend said he would be here but he's not. I guess he didn't want to celebrate it with me." She said sadly.

"Why would I not want to spend the day with you?" A little boy said coming out from the back.

"I didn't see you there." She blushed.

"You didn't look hard enough. I waited for you." He said. "Let's go outside." The little girl nodded and followed the boy. They made their way to their usual spot in the playground, the treehouse. Their school was lucky enough to have one, even though most of the children were scared of it.

He helped her up the stairs as she struggled to climb up with her dress. When she got into the house her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. He had decorated the small tree house with pictures they had drawn together. Mostly with just the two of them. There was on where they were in wedding attire, holding hands. The little girl liked that one the best.

"This is wundurful." She cried.

"It was all for you. Mommy helped me." He said sincerely. In the middle of the house were two cushions which they sat on. They giggled together. From his pocket the boy pulled out a dandelion flower. He handed it to the girl. She giggled and took the flower.

"Why did you give me this?" She asked.

"It reminds me of the sun." He replied. Shyly she took out a paper hat and gave it to him. She had drawn them sailing away into the sun.

"Thank you." He smiled, while she giggled. "Here." He thrust a piece of paper into her hands. Scrawled on it were the words, Vill U be my valentine? With lots of red hearts on it.

"Yes." She giggled. He laughed with her too. She too gave him a piece of paper. On hers though the words, I like you, we're written.

"I like you too." They hugged and began laughing again. It's seemed today they were in a giggly mood and couldn't stop laughing. After a while they took down the pictures and put them in the girl's bag. They ran back inside to find all the other girls and boys were already inside. They took their seats and waited for the teacher to speak.

"Now children, since today is valentines day we are going to do something fun. I have cut out hearts and other shapes that you can decorate for your Valentine's card." She handed out the red card and passed around the felt pens. Immediately the girls as boys began decorating their paper. The little started her drawing and was the last to finish.

"You write the card to which ever person you want to and you can put it in the box here." the teacher said next. They all scribbled down messages and names on their cards and placed them in the box. "I'll hand out the cards, while you go for playtime. Your cards will be sitting here when you come back. There was an immediate rush to get their coats off the pegs.

Although the little girl wanted to stay with her friend, the other girls dragged her off to play tag. She called for her friend to come and join her, which he gladly accepted. For the entire break time the whole of second grade played tag in the playground until the teacher called them in again.

When the little girl got to her seat she saw there were five cards on her desk, not the one she had expected. She opened them as saw that the boys who had written the cards were staring at her. She giggled again. the last card she opened was from her friend. She looked up to see him smiling as he too opened her card to him. Everyone had been given a card, some more than others. But this Valentine's day everyone was happy, even if they were only seven or eight.

They continued to do Valentine's day activities till it was time to go home. The children said goodbye before leaving. The little girl hugged her friend.

"Bye I'll see you tomorrow." She giggled as he plucked a daisy from the grass and gave it to her.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled. When she jumped into the car, she couldn't stop chattering away. She talked endlessly about her day and about her friend. She talked about what he did and what she did. There was nothing they could do to stop her.

Well until she fell asleep, after having the best Valentine's day ever.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

A Valentine's day special <3

To all those who are in a loving relationship, but to those who are single today. I wish them all the best in finding their true love and one day you too will celebrate this day with someone special.

Just a little filler chapter. It was for Valentine's day and I'm surprised I managed to get it written.

I thought it was quite a cute storyline and I know it may sound a little too mature for a seven/ eight year old but I really don't know how they act!! I can't remember when I was seven...

A Valentine's day story. I think that is a nice way to break up the story a little. I'm sorry if it is short but I didn't know what else to write. If there is anything you would like me to change/ add please do tell me... I like any form of criticism.

Anyways Thankies

IamRecklessAndBrave