Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Truth

"It's Friday, Friday gotta get down on Friday!" Ethan sang obnoxiously.

"Shut up. Do you know how annoying that song is?" I groaned.

"Yeah why do you think I sing it?" he chuckled.

"That's not funny." I glared.

"What's not funny Davis?" an irksome voice called behind me. I groaned.

"What do you want Cooper?" I snapped.

"Just to know what's not funny." He smirked.

"Nothing. Nothing is not funny."

"I wanted to ask you if you were going to the party today?" He asked suddenly.

"Uh... Yeah why?"

"Maybe you'll finally give me a chance." he winked.

"No way! I'll never sleep with you!" I exclaimed.

"We'll see about that." he smirked before leaving me standing there.

I almost screamed out. "Shall we go Maddi?" Brook asked me.

"Oh yeah let's go." I walked us to the car.

"What was all that about?" Taylor asked me.

"I don't even know! That boy just enjoys annoying me." I moaned.

"Well maybe he likes you." Brook told me. Both Taylor and I burst out laughing.

"Cooper liking me? That's absurd." I laughed.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure Drew doesn't like her otherwise he wouldn't annoying her so much. That is probably the funniest thing I have heard." Taylor chipped in.

"I'm serious! Why if he's hiding his really feelings?" Brook said.

"I don't think he's capable of love." I told her straight. She just shrugged and I decided to leave it there.

As soon as we got home the girls rushed to my room, leaving me to get food. When I was in the kitchen I saw Drew standing in my garden. He knocked lightly on the glass.

"I'm not letting you in." I turned around and began gathering snacks. The next minute I turn around and Drew was standing right behind me.

"Oh my gosh!" I cried, holding my hand on my heart. "What the hell are you doing here? How did you get in?"

"Well its not hard to pick a lock." Drew smirked.

"Can't I see my favourite person?" He kept a serious face as my jaw dropped. But them he burst out laughing. Immediately I glared at him. I punched him hard on the arm but it didn't seem to affect him.

"Why didn't that hurt?" I exclaimed.

"Because darling, this is entirely is entirely muscle." He swept his hand over his body.

"No it's not. Look there's some fat there." I poked his abdomen.

"Sweetheart that is not fat. It's all muscle." He lifted up his shirt slowly. I stopped his hand. Drew lifted one eyebrow.

"So you believe that I'm not fat?" he smirked.

"Please I don't need to see it to know its not muscle. Trust me I can tell its fat." I scoffed.

He took a step forward and towered over me. "I am not fat." he whispered dangerous low. He grabbed my hands and placed them on his stomach. I took a sharp intake of air. I knew he wasn't fat but I didn't realise that he had a six pack.

"It's not a six pack, I have an right pack." He told me proudly, almost reading my thoughts.

He brought his face closer to mine. Our lips were almost touching, and I involuntarily closed my eyes. "I lo..." he whispered close to my ear. His warm breath fanned across the side of my face, tickling my ear. Goosebumps covered my arms.