Chapter Forty-Eight: The Beginning of Something New

"Where are we going?" I asked Drew as he drove to some unknown destination at the crack of dawn.

"I can't tell you everything I have planned!" He protested.

"When did you plan this?"

"A long time ago." He winked. "Now go to sleep." I sighed defeated and closed my eyes and finally fell asleep.

Let me just rewind.

-

10 hours ago

"Pack a bag." Drew demanded.

"Care to tell me the reason?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p'.

"I just need to know what to pack!" I protested.

"Fine." He sighed.

"Great where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm getting JJ to pack your bag." He smirked.

"What?" I shouted. "I can pack my own bag if you just tell me where we're going"

"I can't tell you. It's a secret." He smirked.

I flopped down on my bed. "Look I have to go now. But you better be packed tonight. We're leaving early tomorrow."

"Fine." I groaned. He grinned at me and left my room. I heard the front door close and I sighed. I couldn't go to sleep with the secret hanging over my head so I took out my sketchbook and a pencil. I drew the Red Moon symbol. Immediately I picked up my cell and dialled Josh's number.

"Hey Maddi what's up?" He said cheerfully.

"I need to do something for me." I told him.

"Sure what do you want?" He asked.

"I need you to bring your laptop round to mine because I can't tell you over the phone." I replied.

"Okay I'll be over in ten." He said and hung up. Sure enough ten minutes later my friend was standing outside my front door with his laptop in his hand.

"Come in." I looked up and down the street to make sure no one was looking.

"So what do you need help with that requires my laptop?" Josh asked once he had placed his laptop next to mine.

"I need to you to hack into the CIA." I said seriously.

"What!" He exclaimed. "You're kidding right?"

"No I'm not. I need to find something out and it involves them. So obviously they would have a detailed personnel files and detail on a project." I explained to him.

"Fine. Tell me what you need because there will be a window of ten seconds to copy what you need and then I have to get out." I nodded and told him exactly what I needed and even took out the classified black file from under my mattress.

I sat anxiously playing with my fingers as Josh typed furiously on his keyboard, eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

I didn't dare move in case I broke his concentration. "I'm in." He announced. He continued tapping on the keys and flicking his eyes to the small timer in the top corner of his screen.

A few more slow sends later and finally... "I did it! I got your files!" I left go of my breath, that I ha realised I was holding and grinned at my friend. I hugged him tightly before pecking him on the cheek

"Now can you tell me why I risked my life to do that for you?" He asked.

"When I was making Drew's Christmas present I asked for some photos. The chest they gave me had a compartment..." I went on to tell him the entire story, right down to the kidnapping and the present time.