Chapter 27: Distract

{Travis Stanwood}

We already hit two birds with one stone, but the problem is, we could not get Camille and her mother out immediately without waking the leopard up.  I can see Camille stir up, but she is not conscious enough to perform magic yet.  I will try to trap the leopard using dreams first.  I told the others to keep quiet so that I could do my magic better and more effectively.  I chanted the most unusual spell I have ever used and casted them on the leopard.  It struggled a little, but I’m pretty sure that it is asleep.  Austin and Thalia were on watch while we try to pick the lock.  It took me three dream spells to shut the leopard up.  In the end, I made a soundproof and invisible bubble that would cover us, and Percy destroyed the lock with might.  We hurriedly went to Camille and her mother, but her mother has a weird lock.  There was a puzzle that should be solved, but it only required a word in order to unlock it.

Finally, Camille already woke up and was dumbfounded because she found herself in a different dungeon.  “How did I get here? Did I teleport?”  She asked.  “No, some Kylra got you here by magic.”  I informed her.  She just looked at me blankly, and then asked, “What’s wrong with mother’s chains?”  I scratched my head and told her that about the puzzle in the lock.  She smiled and told me about the oracle, “Don’t you remember what the oracle said? It would be you who would solve that puzzle. The dreamer dreams and solves the puzzle.

That’s it!  Dream, that’s all I need to do.  Easy.  I sat down and leaned on the wall.  After a few seconds, I was already asleep.  I dreamt about the past events, from the time that Camille told me about the letter, plus a few things that seems to have happened in her home.  I connected all the dots, and found out what the word is.  It was within us all along.  It was the one that lead us here.  I woke up from the dream, and my eyes sparkled as I approach the lock.  I typed in the word “love”, and it unlocked!  I knew it.  Love was the one who kept us alive.  If it weren’t for love, Camille would not think that her mother just lied in order to get their kingdom back.  If it weren’t for love, I would not be here with Camille, looking for her mother.  If it weren’t for love, Camille’s mother would not have left clues in order for Camille to find her.

"Hurry, we need to go now. The invisible seal may be losing its power. I’ll create a loophole.”  I chanted another, but this time, it seemed to be blocked.  No, this can’t be.  This is dungeon was created to block out loophole spells.  “Damn it! We need to find another place. Let’s go!”  We ran to the next dungeon, and I tried the spell again.  It worked, but there were Kylras roaring behind already.  “Hurry, guys! Camille, go first. Bring your mom.”  They jumped in first, followed by Thalia.  Percy and I were the last ones to jump in.  One of the Kylras almost grabbed hold of my shirt.  We ended up landing in my room.  I took a deep breath and stood up.  We were all covered with sweat, but no one seemed to mind.

"Camille!”  I shouted out her name.  Camille turned to me.  I approached her and without thinking, I hugged her, “We did it! Our last mission is to save your kingdom from Thalia’s sister. I’m sure that Thalia could do something about it.”  I held her face with my hands and attempted to kiss her.  I smiled and aimed for the lips, but she turned away, so I landed on her cheek.  “I’m sorry Travis. It’s just that… Kaleb…”  Darn that Kaleb.  I really love this girl that is standing right in front of me.  I waited for her.  I searched for her.  I met her.  Now is the time that I would claim her.  My life would have no meaning anymore if I did not marry this girl.  “Oh right, I’m sorry. I wasn’t really thinking.”  I scratched my head and turned away, embarrassed and at the same time, disappointed.  I thought she would have a change of heart after this mission.

We brought Camille’s mother home and headed to Thania’s.

{Camille Cassidy}

Here we are, standing in front of the Thania’s mansion.  The butler announced our presence, and Thalia emerged from the library, along with Kaleb.  “My my, look what we have here. Come on Kaleb, give me a little kiss first. Hi, Thalia and her fellow commoners. What brings you here?”  Kaleb gave her a peck and turned away.  “Oh wait, Kaleb is staying here.”  I said with a stern tone.  “Hm… Okay then.  Kaleb, stay here with me, so what are you guys doing here? You have some business with me? Please be fast. I still have my facial spa appointment later.”  She said it like an immature spoiled brat.

"Well, it’s simple. We are here to reclaim Thales back.”  I said with a chill tone.  Thania looked at me and laughed, “What did you just say? You guys are here to reclaim Thales? No, that is not possible. Now, go back to your own places. I still have some important things to do with Kaleb.”

“If you say so, I’ll just call the guardians of Thales to destroy and punish you. My mother already called them, actually. They are already on the way, just in case you did not agree with this formal deal. I would actually have let this pass if you returned Thales, but you wanted the hard way.”  I turned away.  “How could you talk like that to the daughter of Zeus? I have the power to control every single one of you. Plus, the guardians get orders from me! Not from you or your stupid mother!”  Thania shouted, enraged.  “Oh no, father just disowned you.”  Thalia mentioned, calmly.

“Impossible! I am father’s favorite daughter! I am the one who he loves, not you!”  The skies suddenly roared, and a gush of wind rattled Thania.

“Oh, no. Not anymore, too bad.”

The guardians of Thales barged in the mansion and went to Thania.  She was mortified and screamed.  “I surrender! I surrender! Please, don’t let them take me! Kaleb! Protect me!”  Kaleb looked at her and said, “I’m sorry, my princess, but you are no longer an important person to me. Goodbye.”

"How could you? What kind of a person are you? Unworthy! I shouldn’t have loved you! You guys are all the same!”  The guardians grabbed her and chained both her arms and feets.  They took her away and locked her in the magical dungeon that nothing could ever penetrate.  She was sentenced to life imprisonment without the power of Zeus in her.

Thales was finally returned to its rightful owner.  My mother sat on the throne, facing the joyful citizens of Thales, with father on her right hand and my brother on the left.  I approached my mother, giving her her crown that should have been hers in the first place.  The whole kingdom cheered for our family, for the success of reclaiming Thales.

“Hey Cinderella, did you know that you saved me at exactly midnight?”  Mom told me.  “Mom, what does the locket do?”  I asked.

“You haven’t realized it yet? It gives you power and guidance. You dreamt about me, right? You suddenly have powers, even without extreme training.”  Mom explained.  I held the locket in my hand.  This locket is truly my savior, and I thank God for it.  I was looking at my mother as she approached her citizens and hugged them with joy.  This is the kind of ruler a kingdom needs.  She is a ruler who can communicate with them like normal people, without discrimination, who can feel with them.  She knows when her citizens are already suffering and already need help.  In short, she gives the citizens joy, without expecting them to return the favor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for giving you a very short chapter after waiting for a very long time, but it's already nearing its ending, so here's the new chapter!

Thank you for supporting Cinderella's Locket!:)

-Lyxen