Chapter 20: Love or Investigating Session?

I can’t take this anymore!  My heart is beating faster than ever, my hands are cold as ice, my feet are glued to the ground and ironically; I am melting.  I feel like I’m longing for Travis’s touch.

Ever since my mother left home, everything is so messed up.  She left a couple of notes that are clues, clues in finding her.  My father confessed his faults from before.  Kristen getting cursed by some kind of spell that I casted on her.  I wonder when the curse will be cut though.  Hermes visited me in my bedroom.  Travis helping me with finding my mother, who is his stepsister.

“Hey, are you okay?”  Travis waved a hand in front of me.

“Yeah, just trying to sink in the events. Why didn’t my parents tell me about this before?”

“Because it will endanger your life.”

“How is that possible?”

“Once you’re mind is open to these stuff, the monsters can sense you more than before.”

“Oh.”  That means I need to be alert starting now.  I can’t believe I’m involved with this.  I never knew that this was real.  I only read these kinds from Rick Riordan’s novels and what’s weird is magic and Greek mythology merged.  Could the magic come from Egyptian mythology?  I asked Travis the lingering question in my head.

“Well, the magic came from both your world and the Egyptian mythology.  Thales also has their kind of magic, which is somewhat the same with your world’s.”

“Oh. Fascinating.”

"Hey girl, let’s start with this investigation. We should know what kind of enemies we’re going to face. We need to know their schemes and weaknesses. Do you know anyone who your mother’s close to? Or maybe someone who loves her but can’t get her? Or some other cases?”

“Not that I can think of but…”

“But?”

“Every year, when it’s her birthday, she receives something from an old friend of hers.”

“Is it a he or a she?”

“A he but he’s already married.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Maybe. No.”

“That’ll be our starting point. It’s possible that he’s a Kylra. Hey, let’s keep going.”  He stood up and brushed his pants.  He held out his hand to help me up.  I took his hand and asked, “Where are we going?”

“We’re going to Camp Half Blood.”  He smiled, “You’re going to meet the Rick Riordan’s novel heroes there.”

“Wow, I didn’t know that’s real!”

“Of course it’s real, where do you think Rick gets his ideas? For your information, he’s also a demigod.”

“Amazing. Whose child?”

“I’m not sure. I think he’s Athena’s or is he Hera’s. Anyways, let’s get going.”

We returned to the car and Travis clicked a couple of buttons and the car started to move on its own.  He started talking as soon as the car started to move.

"Hey Camille. I hope we can find your mother as soon as possible. The longer it is, the harder it is to find her. It also seems like you have some other problems. Do you want to share?”

I glanced at him; his eyes were focused on me, as if waiting for something.  I’m not sure if I should tell him the whole story.  I feel sort of comfortable with him but I don’t know him that well yet but I’m going to work with him in the future so maybe this will be a good start.  Should I tell him the whole or just a part of the story?

I sighed, “Do you remember the ball?”

“Yes.”

I told him about the dance, about the hug; I also told him how I feel.  I got carried away with what I was telling him.  I ended up telling him how jealous I am and how doubtful I am.  I didn’t realize that I was already shouting until Travis told me to cool down.

“Oops, sorry. I guess I got carried away.”

Travis laid a hand on my shoulder, “It’s okay, Camille. Maybe he’s just not sure with his feelings. Maybe he’s just having one of those doubtful moments too. I’m sorry I suddenly appeared in your life out of nowhere but I came to help you with your mother. I know I’ve been searching for you for years but when I found out that you have a boyfriend, I guess all I can do is to watch you. I can’t do anything. I don’t want to steal you away from Kaleb. You’re his and he’s yours. If he really loves you, then he can never be stolen.”  He emphasized the word "never" and he sounded like he was losing hope.

I looked at him with wide eyes and nodded.  There’s nothing that I can say, all I can do is to agree with what he said.

Travis’s hand kept on brushing mine as we walked to the camp.  When I’m looking around, he would take a step to get near me.  It was starting to annoy me and when he reached the limit (he tried to put his arm around me), I turned around and asked, “Travis, seriously, what is your problem?”

He scratched his head and said, “N-n-nothing. I’m sorry. It’s just… I just… I just want to hold you in my arms but I can’t. You belong to someone else. I’m sorry I can’t control this feeling.”

“Oh…” is all I can say.  I don’t want to get attached to him when I’m still attached to Kaleb.  I don’t want him to feel like a rebound.  If I want Travis, then I’ll have to end things with Kaleb first.

Travis sighed like he read his mind and lead me to Chiron, the head of the camp who is a centaur.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late upload guys.  I think I'm going to update my books alternately this time.  Hope you enjoy this chapter.:)

If you want to suggest something, just comment.

-Cayle Cooper