Chapter 1: The Best

I'm sitting on the oak wood bench in our hidden garden. I brought my diary with me, I lied down on the bench and looked up. The blue bright sky was covered by the branches of the giant trees, flowers grew from them, I could just lie here all day long. The scene is so fascinating, so mesmerizing. Squirrels here even dared to sit beside me without getting alarmed, I would give them some acorns and they'll scramble away.

I ran my fingers through the wooden bench then I realized that on the bumpy part, there was a message.

Dear Felicia,

I love you very much but fate doesn't really want us together.  We tried our best to keep us together but bad things kept on coming.  I guess even if we prove our love for each other, it'll be useless without the fate's approval.  Goodbye, I'm giving you too much misery.

Love, Gregory

P.S. I will always love you.

It was dated 1721.  Felicia.  Who the heck is that?  I think I heard her name somewhere.  She sound like my great great great whatever grandmother.  I opened my one of a kind diary, it was a made to order one. Heart shaped and completely pink.  I read my first entry.  It was written when I was six years old.  I was so happy to have this diary and after all these years, I haven't filled this diary completely yet.  Why?  Because it's a magical one, everytime I almost reach the last page, it automatically fills new pages and it doesn't get heavy.  It's already as thick as five encyclopedias, actually.

It was just the start of spring, I had my sweet blonde hair down and swept it to the side.  I let a few loose curly locks fall on the sides.  I grabbed my lavender jacket when I went out of the house, this part of our compound is chilly usually chilly when windy.

I heard rustling sounds from behind.  Just the deers, I thought then someone suddenly covered my eyes. I jumped a little.  I know who this is.  Soft palm, firm grip, "Stop it, Kaleb." I giggle.

"Oh come on!" he laughed then sat on the bench beside me.

"So, how's my sweetheart." he smiled, tickling me a little.

"Good until you showed up." I laughed.  He frowned and threatened to walk out.

"I wasn't done yet. I said, everything was good until you showed up, making it perfect." I winked poking his right cheek.

Kaleb.  Kaleb Knight.  Yeah, my knight shining armor but he's sort of like the prince charming.  Blonde hair, neatly groomed.  Gold eyes, very mesmerizing.  Perfect teeth and ears, yeah, I also fell for those.

When he was courting me before, he'd put notes in my bag while I'm not looking then he'll put a single rose in my locker.  Cute but sometimes it was annoying because it was anonymous.  One day, I went to school sleepily and when I opened the front glass door of the school, trumpets sounded and I jumped up.  I saw a vague shadow, because of the spotlights, walking towards me and stopped in front of me, just a few inches away.

"Camille, I was the one who's putting stuffs in your bag and in your locker so will you go out with me?"

My first silent reaction was like, Kaleb?  Seriously, my long time crush?  He'd like to date me?  He's the most popular and the hottest guy in school.  There are so many beautiful girls and he wants me?  Of course, not showing my excitement, I said, "Hm, I'll think about it." then there was a long pause.

"Oh, come on! Camille!" my best friend came rushing in.  Kaleb was just staring at me like I'm joking or what then I finally said, "Just kidding, of course."

That's how it began.  Funny huh?  Most girls would be jumping like a grasshopper and look weird but I just kept my cool and put on my "neutral-are-you-joking" face.

Back to the bench, I leaned on Kaleb, putting all my weight on him.  He twirled the curly locks and said, "How did you do this?"

"Curling irons, duh? Wanna try?" I joked.

"Sure why not?" he laughed.  I shoved my shrinkable diary in my pink Coach handbag.

"Camille, I remember why I came here."

"Why?"

"My father has this ballroom party next week and I'm hoping that you can be my date."

"Sure." I smiled, accepting the offer.

"Okay then. I'll just tell you the details soon and thanks because I don't want to be stuck with those snobs. I'd rather be stuck with you." he stood up and brushed off the creases on his pants.  He held out his hand to me.  I accepted it and stood up.

He led me to a part of the mini forest.  The part where I rarely go then he covered my eyes with his handkerchief.  He just held my hand along the way then he removed it.

"Surprise." he said and my eyes sparkled with delight.