Chapter 8: The Appointment

We arrived at this posh restaurant that I've never been.  It was obviously so elegant, there were only a few tables, about fifteen and all of then were neatly tableclothed.  Candlelight dinner, usually good for two.  Good thing I used my cute blue dress to school.  Oh boy, I think I'm going to be a nuisance here.

"Kirsi please. There's a reservation." Kaleb told the waitress.  The waitress checked her list and said, "Follow me."

She led us to the back of the room where there lies one table and two chairs that's across each other.  Kaleb whispered the waitress something and she just nodded and walked away.

"Do you know who you're going to meet with?" I asked him.

"No, that's why it's called blind date."

"When will she come? Why is the reservation at this hour?"

"I don't know and because my dad said so. I don't know why he's doing this, he knows that I already have a girl and he also knows that I love you more than anyone else." he rolled his eyes, complaining.  The waitress came back with another soft chair and placed it beside us.  Kaleb told me to sit there so I could be beside him and I did.

I looked outside, I saw a ravishing lady walking towards the restaurant.  She mouthed the name "Kirsi" and the waitress led her to our table.  The lady's eyes widened when she saw Kaleb with me but she didn't react much.

"Hi Kaleb, I'm Thalia Rynders." she sat on the chair across Kaleb.

"Hi Thalia, this is Camille." he smiled.

"Hi Camille, so Kaleb, I didn't expect you to bring your assistant here. How immature."

Assistant?!  My blood rose up and my face turned red, "What?! Assistant? How dare you call me his assistant?"  I used my sophisticated voice without raising my voice.

"Thalia." Kaleb said it in his stern voice, "You just met me and you're already judging me? You're the one that's immature and calling my fiance assistant is way too far."

Fiance?  When did I become one?  I can see that Thalia's humiliated but she didn't show it, "I'm sorry but I'm raised to judge people."

"Fine then, you just failed my first test and there's no way I can accept you. You are so disrespectful. I can't believe my father chose a girl like you. To think he has a high standard."

"Of course he would pick me, a beautiful lady like me. No one ever called me disrespectful, I believe that you have a wrong view. How was I suppose to know that this Camille is your fiance? And why would your father invite me to see you if you're already engaged?"

"That's the point. I believe that he just wants me to meet you hoping that you can become my assistant."

"What?! How dare you call the princess of Thales an assistant?!" her voice was really loud and I felt everyone turned to our direction.

"Princess of Thales huh. Come on, Camille. Let's leave this immature princess alone to pay the bill." Kaleb shrugged his shoulders and pulled me out.  Kaleb's car was already waiting outside.  How did he-?

"Some kind of princess. She's so spoiled. We just met and she dares call my girl an assistant? I don't care if she called me immature but she's gone too far, she attacked my girl." Kaleb mumbled as he opened the door for me.

"Uh..Kale? Seriously? Fiance?"

He turned to me and pushed a button beside him.  The space between the driver's seat and us was separated by a tinted window.

"Remember the time when I talked to your dad?"

I nodded.

"I told him about my father."

I gulped, "Why? What's happening?"

"My father told me that I need to find a wife soon, not that I'll marry soon. He just said that I need a girl or he'll arrange a marriage."

"But.. I'm not sure if I'm ready yet."

"Silly, Camille. I'm not yet asking you. I just said that to embarrass Thalia. Don't worry, I'll wait." he winked his golden eye and pinched my right cheek, "Cute."

He put my arm around my shoulder and pulled me close.  He kissed the top of my head and said, "I'll talk to your dad again later. I'll try and try until I get you."  He chuckled.