Chapter 12

Josie Pov

<Flashback>

"Madre, como puedes dejar que esto pase?" (Mother, How can you allow this to happen?), I cry in Spanish begging my mother not to the let my father do this to me, it will ruin my life forever.

"Please papi, find another way I don't want too ", I said following him to the small living room area.

"Its final Joselyna you're meeting him tomorrow then leaving with him", papi yells at me. His voice booms making the house shake. I cry harder which I hate cause it shows I'm weak.

"No, this is not fair I had no say in this. It's my life that I am giving to a man I don't know, for what? Unpaid debts from the drug you smuggling?! " I yell back my anger taking over.

Who does this ? Force your only daughter to marry at 16 to a guy I don't even know for something he can't own up and pay. I don't know the whole story but I know this.

A few month ago, papi had boxes coming in the house to the basement. Curious me with no one knowing went to the basement and opened one of the boxes. Inside was a brick like wrap in alumni foil . I didn't want to unwrap it so I went to the next box it was bags fill with green plants I know what this was: marijuana

I snoop around things then started figuring out that papi was doing things with these drugs.

Anyway back to arguing with my parents

*Slap*

I heard my mother gasps. I fell to the floor a painful sting on my right cheek been backhand slapped by my father.

Who is this man in front of me? My father would never dare to lay a finger on me. Shock he wouldn't ever do that. I felt hurt. Heartbreak. He never put his hands on me. I'm his little girl. His princess.

"Who the fuck you think you talking to Joselyna. I'm not changing my mind. its done you're going to marry Marcelo Castillo next week.", He yelled again this time I'm afraid. I crawl over to my mother who was sitting quietly watching the scene. I cried every tear landing in her lap. she patted my head brushing my hair though her fingers why haven't she said anything? she has no idea about my father's little empire. There was silence except my mother's and i crying, I looked up but my father wasn't there he must have went into his office

"I am so sorry, I don't want this to happen" Mi Madre whispers in my ear. I look at her and wipe the tears streaming down her face. I look exactly like her jet black curly hair, brown eyes. A beautiful native Cuban woman.

An hour later of comforting each other, mami thinks I should go talk to papi now. I was unsure if it was a good idea. That slap was the first, what else is he capable of doing to hurt me.

I went upstairs to papi's office and knock on the door.
No answer I knocked again still nothing.
I crack the door slowly open it seeing him seating at his desk with his head in his hands. I didn't expect this was upsetting for him maybe a little.

"Papi?" I called out.

"Mi hija " I heard sniffing I walk in and he got up walked over to me and we embrace tightly. " I'm sorry for slapping you, I'll never do that again. I love you so much I thought this will be good for you,to have a better life then these running down the streets of Cuba. I promise when you go to America you will have everything you ever wanted " he kisses my forehead. That night I believed in his promise.

A week later

I, Joselyna Roma Marie Rivera married Marcelo Castillo and now on a plane to New York, USA.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

How y'all like the flashback story Emotional right? Im thinking about doing a book on Josie pass idk .

Comment 📝
Vote ⭐️
Share ❤️

~Davi 🇨🇺