Chapter 22

*Flashback *

Josie Pov

In my arms a beautiful baby girl. At 17 I wouldn't expect anything like this to happen but I saw it coming. I thought my world was finally done because what I found out a year ago. I still wish and hope of the dreams Papa promised will eventually come true but everyday it's slowly fall apart.

Until I meet her. Kennedy. For a reason on my first day at America school I saw something that I never see as an attractive, need the wants of someone and have feelings that she can save me. My hero Kenny.

We have grown into known each other. Trust. She protect me from bullies cause I'm a foreign and wasn't like them. I barely could speak English but for her she knows Spanish too and we sometimes communicate with that for those people not to know our business. She helps me learn the English language slowly until I can read a book myself. 

I got so comfortable with her I told her my story.  I even told her what home is like. Home of Cuba and Home in America.

Married to Marcelo I was in hell, Marcelo beats me, his hatred about anything was taken out on me. I was his personal punching bag. Sometimes I'll end up with bruises, busted lip, black eye and broken ribs. When having dinner with his family they say nothing about it they knew whats going on by the way I look physically and how I'm suffering emotionally.

Kenny doesn't ask cause she sees it all. She take care of me. She lets me stay at her place where she lives alone in the rough part of New York City but mange go to an expensive school.

Months later I felt sick. Throwing up every hour. The smell of discuss makes my stomach hurt. The question Kenny ask me I wanted to die. Not face it cause it was true. Kenny and I were together secretly no one knew about us. She is my real first to everything. Kiss, dates, touch, sex. she was my first lesbian girlfriend. In Cuba I don't see lesbian girls like her that wearing boy clothes. Probably they hidden but here in America i see everything I haven't before and that leads to Kenny.

Taking a the pregnancy test that come out positive. Telling Marcelo and his family they're excited but Kenny she was heart broken, disappointed. I felt selfish. She know in every chance that I didn't like it. It was in force. I love her not Marcelo.

And now my beautiful daughter Daniella Nicole Marie Castillo safe in my arms but I don't feel like it's safe for her to be around me.

Kenny and I talk about running away together since the beginning of our relationship. Knowing Marcelo he will find me anywhere and kill her. At the time I just found out about my pregnancy; it was too risky to run. Now Daniella here, can we really run now?

Thinking this plan out carefully we got it. On a pacifist day that night we'll take the train to west away from eastern America but I had other plans.

This was for my daughter. I can't let her be around me, I can't have Kenny come with me and I don't want Marcelo to fine me.

What really I'm going to do is start me dream. My empire.

Tonight was the night of the run. I manage to sneak Daniella and I out and  went to Kenny apartment. she won't be expecting us now. I didn't knock or anything yet, i set a basket down with dani and a note in it with in front of her door. I kiss my baby girl goodbye for the last time. Tears run down my eyes not wanting to leave my one and only baby but I have too. I look up at the door that was Kenny's I want to kiss her goodbye too but she won't let me leave like this. Banging hard on her door three times. Quick and quietly I run down the step but stop at the corner pecking if she'll come out. That so she did. Seeing no one there until Daniella cry. Kenny's face look shock and confused cause she know who she from. Kenny pick her up and the note that I left . She look so hurt I wanted to run up there to say I'm sorry and kiss her tears away. She went back inside that was the last I saw the love of my life and my daughter.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Answer these questions please☺️

Well how do you feel about this flashback?

What did y'all found out?

Are y'all getting what's going on, like is this adding up whose who?

Vote!!!
Comment!!!
Share!!!
Thank you for reading ❤️

~Davi 👶🏽