Chapter 5

‘HELL YA!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!’ I scream. ‘Good job guys!’ Can you tell we won?!?!?!

‘Come on E! Shit I’m so deaf now. Why do we always sit with you? I seriously think my ears are bleeding.’ She huffs.

I just laugh. ‘Oh shut up you say that now honey but you were yelling just as loud as I was during the game.’

She ignores my comment by changing the subject. ‘So, are we going to the party after?’

‘Hell yeah girl, we need to celebrate.’ I say nodding and taking the last drink left in my water bottle. See this is why I buy 2 bottles because I holler so much.

‘Alright well we will meet you there be safe!’ she says. We all walk to the parking lot and separate to our vehicles.

I quickly hop in my truck after unlocking it and light a victory cigarette just because I feel like it. I roll down my windows and plug in my phone; turning on The Veronicas – Take Me On The Floor and turning it up.

I take a couple more drags and right when I am about to put my truck in drive I hear a loud slap on the hood. A scream threatens to come out before I glance up to see Mikey standing there grinning at me along with a semi pissed off Matt. I frown before I realize that I am holding my cigarette. Oops. I reach forward and turn down the music.

I turn off my truck and hop out jogging over to Mikey and Matt. Mikey pulls me into a massive hug but soon drops me when he hears me groan in pain.

‘Shit I didn’t mean to hurt you Lissy. I’m sorry; I didn’t think I squeezed you that hard. Actually I know I didn’t…’ he trails off and a knowing look crosses his face which quickly turns into rage. Matt pushes Mikey out of the way.

‘What happened Liz, are you ok?’ He grabs my arms which only cause me to gasp in pain again. Damn it I have got to learn to hold this in.

‘Nothing I’m f-fine. I just fell earlier and am still sore.’ I say jokingly trying to lighten the mood. Needless to say it doesn’t work since they both fold their arms across their chests and glower at me. Knowing I’m not going to get away from them without explaining I quickly do explain everything.

‘Damn it Liz!’ Matt shouts. ‘Why the hell won’t you just move in with me and Ashley? I can’t stand knowing you are living with him anymore. I thought you said he was getting better.’

‘Just drop it Matthew. I’m tired of having this same argument with you day in and day out. I can’t leave him. I’m all that he has left. I don’t want to leave and come to find out he drank himself to death. Plus who the hell do you think is supposed to take care of the farm? He is still our father and he has his good days and his bad days. Just back the fuck off.’ I growl at him. I turn on my heel but he grabs my wrist.

‘Don’t walk away from me.’ He huffs.

‘I’m not I’ll be right back, just give me a second.’ I shake off his grip and walk back over to my truck quickly grabbing my smokes and lighting another one up. I slam my truck door closed and walk back over to where they are still standing in front of my truck. I lean up against the front taking a long drag and holding in for a second before blowing it out. I open my eyes to see Matt’s shocked face.