Chapter Nineteen - In My Life

I woke up early the next morning and slipped out of bed. I picked up Jackson's track pants and t-shirt and threw them over my naked body. I looked back down at him, sleeping soundly on the bed. We had stayed up until the early hours of the morning wrapped up in each other until I had become unsure where I ended and he began. I smiled at his peaceful face and then walked from the room.

Alice was still asleep on the couch, acks the spider was in her arms as she snuggled him tightly. I walked into the kitchen and pulled out a stainless steel bowl. I placed it down on the benchtop as quietly as possible and began to gather ingredients for pancakes.

Finishing my dance for the showcase could wait a few hours. Right now there was only one thing I wanted to focus on, family.

Daniel was the first to wake, he walked into the kitchen yawning as I cracked an egg into my mixture. "Morning." I smiled as I whisked the batter together.

Daniel nodded and stretched beelining for the coffee machine. He made a coffee then sat down at the breakfast bar and took a long sip before he replied.

"Morning."

"I'm making pancakes. Do you want some?"

Daniel nodded and took another sip of his coffee. "I always want pancakes."

I smiled and turned to place some of the mixture on to the hot pan. It sizzled for a moment and I watched the surface bubble before flipping it to the other side.

"How did your appointment with Kylie go?"

Daniel choked on his coffee, and he placed the mug down with a soft thud. "She wants me to be the CEO of her company. Me of all people. I was supposed to take over Booked Out, but I don't know. Her business plan and idea sounds like it suits me more than Booked Out, and Granddad and Uncle Marc have board members who would love the chance to move up the ranks. I guess I have a lot to weigh up."

I turned and smiled at Daniel. I knew that he knew as well as I did that Nick and my Grandpa would want him to do what made him happy. Booked Out would always be there, but just because it was a family business, it didn't mean he had to be the one to run it.

"You should do what you think is best for you Dan, life is too short to have regrets."

I smiled and took the pancake of the pan, placing it on a white porcelain plate. I turned around to grab the bowl from the bench top just as Jackson opened the bedroom door. He smiled at me and pointed to the oven. "Smells good."

"Take a seat, I'm making pancakes." I replied.

Jackson walked into the kitchen and engulfed me in his arms, he pressed his lips against the side of my forehead before stepping back and walking over to Daniel.

It wasn't until I put the last dollop of batter on to the pan when an over the top, cute sounding yawn came from the lounge garnering my attention. Alice, who was in the cutest panda onesie stretched dramatically before walking over to the breakfast bar. She cleared her throat before climbing up on to the stool between Daniel and Jackson.

"Amber's making pancakes, you hungry squirt?" Jackson asked ruffling Alice's hair.

"So hungry." She nodded, rubbing her belly with a sleepy smile.

The three talked while I focused on dishing up breakfast. Alice giggled as I placed her plate down in front of her.

"It's a bear." She giggled picking up one of the bears blueberry eyes. "So cutie."

I placed Daniels plate down in front of him, then carried my own and Jacksons over to the where he sat. I sat beside him and rest my head on his shoulder.