Chapter Seventeen - Come What May

"Actually. You know what. I think I'd rather hang around." Greg mused spinning on his heel. "You don't mind do you?"

His tone had changed, he looked almost angry, but I couldn't figure out why. I wanted to be alone though so I yawned and shrugged. "I am actually kind of tired."

Greg's eyes gleamed as he looked over at my bedroom door. "I could give you a neck massage, you look tense."

My back stiffened, I was on edge the instant the weird offer left his lips. Greg took a step closer toward me and I took a step back.

"I'm feeling kind of uncomfortable Greg."

He laughed and shook his head. "I'm not going to hurt you. Baby, if you let me I could show you how a real man treats his lady."

My stomach dropped and in that instant I knew Daniel was right about him. Greg zeroed in on me, circling me like prey.

"It's not like we haven't done this before Amber." he whispered.

"We haven't. I don't want to be with you Greg." I replied confused.

Greg laughed and shook his head. "You don't remember do you."

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to remember. Before Jackson there had only been Dylan, and the party. I had never been with anyone else.

My blood ran cold and my head snapped up at Greg. Bile rose in the back of my throat. Greg's grin became sinister and he nodded. "Now she clicks." he teased, tugging at my shirt.

"It was you." I whispered tearfully, my words shook as I spoke. For years I had wondered who had robbed me of my dignity, and now it seemed the answer was in front of me.

Greg smiled. "I knew you from the dance classes you took. You were a loner, but I always noticed you. Then you stopped coming. You were pregnant I was told. When I saw you at the party I knew I had to tell you how much I liked you." He smiled. "Loved you..."

I swallowed back the urge to vomit. "Greg. You need to go. Now."

"No I don't now that Jackson is out of the way we can finally be together."

"I need you to go." I cried.

"And I need to be with you." He smiled tilting his head. "Like we were that magical night."

I frowned, and stepped backward, tripping on the coffee table and falling to the ground. Greg smiled and leaned over me. "Just like this."

I thrust my leg up and kicked him in the groin before jumping up and running for the apartment door. before I could unlock it Greg grabbed me by the waist and lifted me off the ground.

"Why are you fighting our love? I've waited years for you Amber."

"I love Jackson. I will always love Jackson. You are nothing Greg. you are a sick disgusting waste of space and you will never have me." I yelled, aware I was probably making the situation worse. I didn't care. almost five years of the torture in my mind and the scars left behind from that night surfaced.

"You're just like them." He scathed throwing me at the floor. "Those people who are supposed to be my family. You think you have a right to tell me who I am?"

"You raped me." I replied, suddenly invigorated with strength.. "So yes. I think I do."

Greg tilted his head and frowned. "You wanted it. You liked me too."

"I was beyond drunk, sleeping in a dark room alone. I hadn't said more than two words to you."

I remembered seeing him at the party now, I'd said hi because I'd noticed him around school a couple of times. but that was where our interaction had stopped. Or so I thought.