Chapter Twenty One - Epilogue - I'll Stand By You

One Year Later

I ran off the stage with the rest of dance company. I walked to my spot of the dressing room and took a seat. One of the girls, Frances, walked by me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"We're going to miss you Amber, you sure you have to go back to school."

I looked up and nodded. I had loved my time dancing in the company, but I wanted to finish school and see the world with Jackson before we both settled down into the rest of our lives. Although after this morning, I wasn't so sure how we were going to fit everything in.

"I do." I smiled. "But who knows, I could be back one day."

I hoped I would be, I'd learned a lot over the year after all. Frances smiled and drew me in to a quick hug. "I hope so."

After I had changed I said my goodbyes and signed the company wall. Years and years of previous members had signed the wall, it was so full that from far away it looked like some kind of kitschy modernistic wallpaper design. Up close the truth was much more touching. I blinked back the emotion in my eyes and lifted my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the backstage area and into the foyer. Jackson was waiting for me in the foyer. He had come to almost every Saturday night show for a year. Tonight was no different.

"You were amazing." He murmured pulling me into his arms.

"You always say that." I grinned, looking up at him. His eyes shone as he smiled back down at me.

"I always mean it too." He replied.

I stood back and let my hand slid into his. "I can't wait to climb into bed and not have to get up at the crack of dawn to go to the gym, or rehearsal." I said sighing. "Don't get me wrong... I've loved every moment of these past 12 months. But I'm so ready for a rest."

"You realise my parents are flying in tonight, and that they're staying with us... and that we're getting married tomorrow right."

I smiled, like I could forget. Jackson had been as hands on with the planning as I had been. For an entire year knowing my term with the company was going to end was balanced by the fact that I was marrying the love of my life and then jet setting around the world over summer as our honeymoon. I'd been worried Jackson wouldn't want to fly anywhere. But despite his traumatic experience, it had been his idea.

"I do realise." I smiled.

"Good." He laughed as we began to walk out of the theater. "Hey I forgot to mention, Daniel called. His flight gets in two hours before the ceremony. He's going to get ready before leaving and catch a cab to the plaza."

"A cab... that'll cost so much. Can't we get someone to pick him up."

"I offered." He shrugged. "But he assured me the last thing he wanted us to worry about him on our wedding day was getting him to us."

"Well with Kystar doing so well I guess he is in a position to pay hundreds in cab fares." I laughed.

Daniel had been working for Kylie since I'd joined the dane company. The business had taken off like a shot, and Daniel had left school in order to handle the workload he'd been given. They had moved into a manhattan building three months ago, and now, he was networking all around the country to get talent agencies all around to sign through Kystar. The first to sign had been Booked Out and despite the connections, Jackson and DJ's grandfather had been very clear that if this didn't work he wouldn't hesitate to pull his clients from the company. But that hadn't happened. Daniel was amazing at what he did. Everything was coming together. A corner had been turned, now we could all just live.