17

Niall came home to the apartment and immediately he felt emptiness inside. This didn't feel like home anymore, but he needed time alone. He threw the bag into a corner and he went straight to bed. He had time to lie down before the phone rang.

"Hello how are you?"

Niall swallowed. Of course it was his mom.

"It's great." he replied, and he tried not to show a single sign of something else. She seemed happy.

"And how's the movie going?"

Niall smiled.

"It's really good. They think I will be known after this."

He heard that she hadn't the same thoughts about her son.

"Oh, that sounds good?"

He frowned. Why couldn't he be more open with his parents? They knew he was gay, and since then, after he had told them about that part, everything was changed.

"I promise to see it."

Niall hesitated.

"Mom, it's about two guys who love each other."

As always, she tried to be neutral.

"But you're in the movie, and I want to see what it's about and I want to see you?"

He hesitated. Would he be honest? It was only now as Niall realized that others would see that scene as already was in the movie and they would now make even one more scene where they were naked.

"It may not be a lot to look at it?"

She snorted.

"Niall, I know famous people shooting sex scenes in movies and what's the difference? I know that you like guys and I know that Harry isn't gay. I know that it's acting."

Damn, those words hurt. She looked down at her son, and she felt that Harry was faultless? He swallowed.

"Yes mom, it's acting."

When the conversation was over, he pulled his hands through his hair and he closed his eyes. Harry had nothing to lose, but Niall could lose everything. He knew that the fans would find out that he, Niall, was gay and they would hate him because he played in a movie with Harry. Niall swallowed. Perhaps this would be his downfall? He chose to still try to think about other things. All actors did all kinds of movies and in fact the script was good for this particular one. That's why Niall had wanted to be part of it in the first place. And Simon had bet money on them, and all had given Niall praise. Could it go wrong?

----

"You shouldn't be nervous."

Harry guessed already what Niall walked around and thought about. Niall swallowed and he looked straight at Harry.

"It has more to do with my family." he said a little uncertain. "My mom called and she praises you. She thinks you're better than her son, just because you're not gay."

Harry become quiet. He frowned and he seemed almost as he couldn't utter a word.

"Niall... I..."

Niall nodded and he put a hand over Harry's lips.

"I know, I can't be honest with everyone, but I wish that I could tell them that I am as good as you. That I am with you and that..."

Harry took away Nialls hand and he looked as if he was close to tears.

"Give me time."

Niall swallowed and he shook his head.

"I know how it is." he said firmly. "I will forever be known as a gay and you will always be everyone's favorite. But my mom should at least be on my side and love me more than she loves you."