Helpless Duckling

Priscillia's POV

The next day soon came and I woke up realizing that Jonathan was still sleeping beside me. I place my hand on his forehead and his temperature is still a little hot, but much better than yesterday night. I took his temperature and it is 37.7 degree Celsius. My mum and dad started knocking on my room door and ask me to go out for breakfast. Placing my ear against the door, I heard the sound from the background. It is Christine! 

She is making a fuss outside as she is looking for Jonathan. I feel  really desperate and did not know what to do. Because if Christine found out that Jonathan and I slept together, on the same bed, the whole night, she will definitely go insane.. I am like a helpless duckling. I did not know what to do. What reason I should give to my mum, my dad and Christine. Christine will never accept whatever reason I give her. 

I fish for my handphone in my pocket and text mum telling her that I will not be eating breakfast and that Jonathan already went out. My mum then reply and say okay but she ask me to get my breakfast from the dining table later. Is this considered a white lie? I did not want to lie to my mum.. But Christine will immediately start to make a fuss.  And the worse she can do is to threaten us (Jonathan and I) that if we are still together, she will attempt suicide. Why? Why can't she just leave some routes for us to take?

I simply just want to leave behind memories that Jonathan and I create together. Thinking about that, my tears started to flow. Not wanting Jonathan to hear me , I place my head in my arms and face down. All of a sudden, I feel a pat on my head. I look up and see Jonathan. He sit down beside me and started comforting me 

"Priscillia, don't cry.. You look ugly when you cry. So pretty please, stop crying already." .

I force a smile on my face which made me want to cry even more. Because I am emotionally hurt. Scarred. Jonathan place his arms around my shoulder and patted me. I know I should not get any closer to him now that my sister likes him.. But I really hope to have some more memories created with Jonathan. Even just a little bit more is enough.