Chapter 39- The End of the World?

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THAT VOTE BUTTON! THANKS!***

CHAPTER 39- THE END OF THE WORLD?

Three Days Later
Somewhere in Athens,
Greece

-Aurea-

“There’s been a large-scale earthquake with an intensity of nine that originated somewhere off the coast of Greece. Tsunami warnings have been raised all over the nearest islands. Everyone, please evacuate to higher ground.”

The mortal news followed by Cronus’ evil laughter echoed somewhere in the distance. I opened my eyes and I was still tied to Thanatos. Also we were both still in the cave dark and damp cave. Three days have passed and we still weren’t able to escape. On one side of the cave stood a basin filled with water that Cronus enchanted so he could watch over all of the world. And now, he was using it as a television for he was having so much fun at how the mortals were panicking and saying that the end of the world is starting.

“Thanatos, wake up.” I whispered.

Thanatos slowly stirred and his blue-slash-grey eyes looked deeply into mine. “We have got to escape. And we have got to stop him.”

“I know. But haven’t we already tried everything? Let’s wait a while more. He’ll be too busy with what he’s doing that he’ll surely forget about us.”

Cronus planned to attack today and he was just getting started with wreaking havoc over all of the mortal world. Later, he will make his power more known and he’ll be so busy with what he’s doing. I just hope it doesn’t have to come to that point for many people will ber hurt and more will die.

I looked overhead and the skies seemed to darken. Then, the waves in the ocean started getting higher and higher until it looked so frightening. I shivered but Thanatos held me closer. Then, he began concentrating on the locks once more. I also tried to use my magic but like before, we made no progress.

“That’s no use. You’re never going to escape, Aurea. I’m still going to use you and brother. Once I defeat those Olympians, I will free all of my brothers and sisters who are in Tartarus. And I need your powers for that.” Cronus sneered.

I realized he must be talking about the transfer of souls again. Since the bodies of the Titans in Tartarus were cursed to eternal slumber, he wouldn’t be able to wake them up. So the only option left was to transfer their souls to other bodies just like what he tricked Aidon and me to do.

Thanatos glared at him and Cronus laughed even more. Then, he looked at the dark-haired man standing beside Cronus and his eyes went blank. The man spread his hands and the skies darkened even further. The clouds completely covered the sun but there was no rain nor lightning and thunder. Just an eerie darkness overhead.

The man looked familiar and even his power felt familiar. He must’ve sensed that I was looking at him and he turned and smiled. And when he did, all the hairs on my skin stood on end. Yes, he was handsome and the hard edges of his face looked really familiar. But there was something really creepy about him.

“Who is that?” I whispered to Thanatos.

“Erebus... The God of Darkness...” he replied in a flat tone. He then turned his head away from me as he tried to busy himself with trying to break Cronus’ spell again. I sensed that there was much more that he was not telling me.