Chapter 19- Goddess Awakened

CHAPTER 19- GODDESS AWAKENED

February 26
Berkley School
New York City

-Aurea-

I was grinning from ear-to-ear the whole day. Finally! After one year of separation, my best-est friend is back in town! Psyche’s father is a businessman and their family is always moving wherever their father’s work took him.

Now, Psyche’s father made a huge success of his business and they could now afford to settle down. Psyche immediately enrolled in our school and her father threw in a huge amount of money so she could still go even if it was in the middle of the semester.

During Psyche’s first day, I rarely listened to my classes. The most we did was to catch up on everything we’ve missed in each other’s lives during that one year she was away.

“I have an open spot for you. You could go back to the Cheerleading Squad if you want to.” I offered. Her answering grin said it all.

“Sounds good! Hope I still fit in my old uniform.” She said with a wink.

“You’re as hot as before, Psyche. It’ll fit.” I replied and we both giggled.

Right now, we were walking towards the gym where we held our practices every afternoon after class.

“So... Who’s this black-haired, blue-slash-grey eyed guy Audrey and Lyn keep teasing you about?” she asked all of a sudden. I looked at her and she wiggled her eyebrows at me. I kept my mouth shut and kept walking.

“Aurea, spill.” She persisted.

I laughed and stopped. “Oh, alright. I don’t really know who that guy is. I think he’s just some kind of a secret admirer. Last Valentine’s Day, he gave me a locket which was really beautiful and a black rose to go along with it. I never knew who he was. He said he’d meet me soon but he never showed up again.” I replied.

“Well, too bad. But... I think there’s something you’re not telling me. There’s a man in your life now, is there?” she asked in a mischievous tone.

I smiled and recalled the events that happened yesterday.

“Don’t make me wait forever! Spill!” she commanded.

“Oh, alright. His name’s Achilles. He’s tall and he looks a lot like Brad Pitt—“ before I could continue speaking, Psyche began screaming as she jumped up and down. With wide eyes, I looked around us to see if anyone’s watching and then I clamped my hand over her mouth.

She struggled to remove my hand and then grinned at me.

“Got a picture? I want to see for myself if he really looks like Brad Pitt! If he does, you are so lucky.” She said with a hint of envy in her voice.

I retrieved my Iphone from my bag and scrolled through the images. Then, I found what I was looking for: it was a picture of us taken yesterday after the games. Both of us were smiling at the camera and Achilles had one arm wrapped around my shoulder.

After he rescued me from the cage, we went back to Zeus’ Palace for the announcement of the winners. Thanatos won and I was really happy for him. And after that, Achilles and I went to Greece where we spent the afternoon in one of the largest markets there.