Chapter 30- Powers Combined

***PLEASE SUPPORT AUTHORS BY VOTING FOR THEIR STORIES IF YOU LIKED IT!***

CHAPTER 30- POWERS COMBINED

Aurea’s Bedroom
Hades’ Palace
The Underworld

-Aurea-

“Come to me…”

Yes…

Numbly, I rose and went towards the voice that called out to me. The tone was both soothing and terse at the same time. It was like I was being enticed to come but at the same time, it said that it would not take no for an answer…

But I didn’t have it in my mind to say no. All I can and wanted to do is to follow the instructions blindly.

I rose from my bed and flung away the blankets and the pillows that were draped across my body.

“Very good… Now… Close your eyes and use your power to travel towards me…”

I did as he told and right after the moment I closed my eyes, I was transported away from my room. I opened my eyes and tried to squint against the darkness of the place I was now in. After a few seconds, my vision adjusted at the same time that a dozen torches erupted in flames around the room.

I realized that I was in a cavern. It was dark and damp and there was nothing except rocks and a large slab of rock, which looked like some sort of altar, in the center of the room. To my right, there was a hollow entrance to the cave. And just as I turned my head, a gust of wind blew.

Instantly, I shivered. But it was not from the cold but more from the unfamiliar magic that was mixed in the air. I tried harder to look beyond the darkness of the entrance and I was able to make out large chains that glinted in the distance.

The chains were so vast that it appeared that whatever they bound was as large as a mountain. I shivered again at the sight and turned my head away from it.

“Yes… That’s it… See me… Look at what they have done to me… But all that will change and it is they who will be chained here next…”

 Before I could contemplate the words, I found my lips opening. “Yes,” I replied. I heard the voice inside my head chuckle and it sent more shivers down my spine.

“We have failed the last time… That human was not what we needed. That body is weak. I need something more powerful. Something that will withstand my powers when I transfer my consciousness into it… I have found something better. We will not fail again…”

“Yes… Failure is not an option for us...” I replied.

I found myself walking towards the altar. I stopped before it and I waited. I knew that I was supposed to wait for something. I just do not know what it is. It felt as if my brain was filled with a fog of confusion. And within that fog was another consciousness that was not entirely mine. My thoughts were not my own and it felt as if someone was controlling me.

I turned my head to the left and felt a new and familiar presence in the room. A black mist appeared and started to condense into a familiar outline. And then the mist dissipated and I looked right into the eyes of my twin brother, Aidon.