Chapter 34- The Rise of Cronus

***PLEASE SUPPORT AUTHORS BY VOTING FOR THEIR STORY!***

CHAPTER 34- THE RISE OF CRONUS

Aurea’s Bedroom
Hades’ Palace
The Underworld

-Aurea-

“Where are you going?” I asked groggily after Thanatos came to my room at dawn.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I slowly sat up and kicked off my blankets. Thanatos sat beside me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

“I just have some duties to do. When I come back, I promise that we’ll go out.” He said in a solemn voice.

“Alright.” I groaned.

“Promise. Wherever you want to go. Paris, Tokyo, Seoul... Wherever your heart desires, we’ll go there.” He vowed.

I rolled my eyes at his words but deep inside I really wanted to giggle like a fool.

“Alright then, hurry back to me.” I said and gave him a very tight embrace and a thorough kiss on the lips.

“Promise. I love you, you know that right?” This time, his voice was soft and low.

“Of course I do. And I love you too...” I giggled and then tackled him on the bed and showered him with kisses he would never be able to forget while he was doing whatever it is that he needed to do.

After a few minutes, Thanatos pulled away with a heavy sigh.

“You make it so hard for me to leave your side.” He said with a scowl.

I laughed and then pat his arm. “That’s how it should be. And that’s why I said you should hurry back.” I teased.

He nodded and then let go of me and  flung open the doors of my room that led to the balcony. Then, with a great whoosh of air, he stretched his wings and then stepped up into the railing.

“Bye, babe. See you later.” He said with a wink.

And yet again, my heart fluttered at his words. Without a doubt, Eros has been teaching Thanatos some things again. He never called me an endearment before and there’s nowhere he could learn that one but from Eros.

“Bye.” I replied a little breathlessly.

And then I watched him spread those beautiful wings and then jump from the balcony and fly out into the dawn...

I was about to close the balcony doors and get some more much-needed sleep but something caught my eye. In the distance, I saw a thin layer of silver fog that looked as if it was headed towards the castle.

I tried to inspect whatever it was but I can’t think of anything. And at the last minute I dismissed it as nonsense, closed the balcony doors and jumped towards my bed to sleep. However, as I was about to turn off the lamp beside my bed, I saw the silver mist creep inside my room...

“Aurea...” the same deep voice called out.