Chapter 28- Let's Start Over

****PLEASE SUPPORT AUTHORS BY VOTING FOR THE CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED IT!***

CHAPTER 28- LET’S START OVER

Near the River Styx
The Underworld

-Aurea-

Numbness...

Movement...

The sound of flapping wings...

A whoosh of air...

A tight embrace...

A struggle...

A feeling of something easing within me...

And finally, numbness once more...

I groaned and opened my eyes amidst the heavy feeling in my entire body. My wrist ached very badly but when I checked it, there was no wound. Of course there won’t be any wound for I am an immortal. I am a daughter of a God and I can heal very quickly.

But...

What happened?

“Thank heavens!” I heard a shout and then I was pulled roughly into a tight embrace. When I lifted my head, I saw Thanatos and he was staring at me with a fierce emotion in his eyes.

Is this another dream?

Is this another product of my subconscious desires?

But why are we in the Underworld and not in some beautiful place I’ve always dreamt of?

And that was when it dawned on me.

This didn’t feel like a dream. This felt real.

“Thanatos?” I whispered softly.

“Yes. It’s me. What happened? Are you hurt anywhere?” he asked me.

Concern was very much evident in his tone and it was unlike the dream Thanatos who only wished to cater to my every whim. He also asked me if I was hurt. And yes, my wrist ached... But my head felt like it was being split open by a jackhammer.

I touched my head and groaned.

And then I made the mistake of looking down to inspect myself if I had any injuries.

Injuries? None.

Blood? I was covered in it.

I jerked from Thanatos grasp as I took in my bloodied and tattered clothing. My white dress was now stained gold with the blood of the immortals and red with the blood of mortals. Horror seeped through my every pore as I tried to think of what happened but came up blank.

“What happened?” Thanatos persisted.

“I... I don’t know...” I replied as my eyes started to tear up because I can’t recall anything.

What the hell happened to me?

Why did it feel as if something was very wrong?