Chapter 5- Valentines (Part 2)

CHAPTER 5- VALENTINES (PART 2)

February 14 
Fifth Avenue 
New York City

-Thanatos-

"Where the hell are we?" I asked Eros as I glanced at the busy streets around us.

"I told you that I did not like the clothes you wore last night. And I don't like the clothes you wear today. It's Valentine's Day so you have to wear something nice." Eros said in a tone that said that we've talked about this over and over and here I am pestering him again.

Clothes? I huffed. What's wrong with what I was wearing?

I looked down and I was wearing black slacks, black leather shoes and a black long-sleeved shirt. I glanced at Eros and he was wearing a plain white T-shirt with a low V neck which exposed his throat and gray-colored pants.

We passed a couple of girls and they all stared wide-eyed at Eros. The usual parted lips and flushed cheeks were also there.

"I know what you're thinking. If you want to impress your girl, you've got to look your best. I don't want her creeped out with your dirty old man style of clothing." Eros said with a shrug.

I glared at him.

"So... We're going shopping." He said with a smile.

"Eros... I can't. I can't be around mortals for a long time. Not without Hades." I told him.

"Yes, yes. I know. He can keep your power in control. But so does those chains." He pointed at the silver chains around my wrists that were made by Hephaestus to prevent my aura from leaking out and killing mortals.

"But if my emotions are heightened, my aura would still escape and someone may die."

"Then you best keep your emotions in check." Eros said with a wink.

Eros pushed me inside a shop filled with men's clothing. He kept on pulling things from the shelves and then holding them out towards me. He'd either nod or grimace. If he nodded, he tossed the shirt for me to hold and if he grimaced, he placed it back on the shelf.

"Hi. I'm Lara. How can I be of assistance to you today?" she said with a wide grin. I noticed that she was really beautiful for a mortal. Eros was already grinning at her like a fool.

Then suddenly, his expression turned to one of shock. "Did it hurt?" Eros asked the girl. My head jerked towards him for I was baffled by his question. Did what hurt?

"What?" she asked. Confusion also crossed her beautiful features. I think her expression mimicked mine.

"When you fell from heaven. Surely, someone as beautiful as you is an angel. Heaven must be in chaos now because they're looking everywhere for you..." Eros whispered seductively with a lazy grin.

It was so cheesy that I almost gagged but I held it in. I also had this sudden urge to roll my eyes heavenward.

The girl, on the other hand, totally fell for it. Her jaw dropped open and she was staring at him like the sun rose and set in his eyes. It was like the room faded away and she saw nothing else but Eros.

She was so engrossed and overjoyed that she practically lit up with it. I coughed discreetly, hoping to distract Eros from his staring contest with the girl but to no avail. I coughed harder until my throat itched but he still did not notice.

I walked towards him and tapped his shoulder. "Eros? Shopping?" I reminded him in a flat tone.

My words seemed to have snapped the girl out of her trance. She glanced back and forth at me and then Eros with a speculative look in her beautiful face.