Chapter 15- The Olympics (Part 1)

• Dedicated to to all those who voted for Chapter 14, "Unleashing Death"

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who voted for the last chapter, Chapter 14 "Unleashing Death." I received 53 votes for that chapter and it was the most I've received in one chapter.

I appreciate it so much guys. A vote is the best kind of payment for all my efforts. LOL. And truly, you make writing a very wonderful experience. I'm not supposed to update this story til next week but I found myself typing away because your votes inspired me. Thank you again.

This one's for those beloved voters. :D

CHAPTER 15- THE OLYMPICS (PART 1)

February 24
Zeus’ Palace
Mount Olympus

-Thanatos-

“That black armor looks good on you. I wish I wore black.” Eros grumbled.

“Hades requested me to wear this to symbolize that I am from his team. The Underworld Team.” I said with a shrug while Eros rolled his eyes.

“I totally love wearing armor. But you know what I hate most about this whole ensemble?”

“What?” I asked.

“We wear a skirt. A skirt!” he grumbled once more. That comment made me laugh.

“This could’ve been the height of fashion once but it isn’t anymore!” he added as an afterthought.

I adjusted the breast plate I wore for it chafed at the skin on my neck. I also tightened the leather straps on my shoulder and arm guard. I checked my sandals and also adjusted the straps that crisscrossed on my legs and held the shin guard in place. My armor has to be fitted to me perfectly or else it would just hinder my movement. And I can’t have that. Not today when I plan to win many games.

We were all assembled before the Throne Room of Mount Olympus and Hera was giving her speech while Eros was grumbling about his armor beside me. I haven’t attended a single one of these games since the Gods started playing it. And today, I’ve learned so many things.

First of all, I learned that the Olympics were held every year instead of the traditional every four years like how Ancient Greeks did it. And then it was held alternatingly. This year, the Olympics is for the male Gods. The female Gods are the judges and the officials and they are the ones who determine what games will be played. Next year, it is the turn of the Female Gods to compete and it is then our turn to officiate and choose the games.

Hera finished her speech about fairness, camaraderie, goodwill and more things about games. I didn’t really listen much because my thoughts kept wandering over to Achilles. I kept imagining how I would beat him at the games and how I would smirk arrogantly at him. The thought made me smile.

Eros dragged me over to the line that was being formed after Hera’s speech.

“What’s the line for?” I asked him.

He pointed to the basin in front where Hera dipped a golden goblet and handed over to Zeus who was the first one in line.

“That basin contains some sort of potion. It removes our powers for the duration of the games to allow us to compete fairly in the games. We lose all our powers, our auras and our special skills. Only our healing ability remains.  And also our immortality of course. If we do not remove our powers then the Olympics will be for nothing. Imagine if we all had our powers, then there’d be no point. Poseidon would always win the swimming contest. Hercules would win weights. Apollo would always win archery. And all that stuff.” He explained.