Chapter Four - 4 - Moving Again

-4-

-Moving Again-

            Vaughn had been right; soon after he had left, the train had begun moving again, and everything seemed to settle down.

            Rhodanne left to go get her things from her compartment, and ended up moving into the compartment with Reno, Caanan and Chomeske, taking a seat next to Reno when she came back because Caanan and Chomeske had both fallen asleep, back to back, using jackets as pillows.

            “So,” Reno asked, starting up a conversation.  “You already knew about me?” he asked.

            “Why wouldn’t I know?” Rhodanne asked.  “I’m a reporter for the Academy’s magazine,” she grinned.  “Nothing can hide from me.”

            “Oh really?” Reno asked.  “Don’t reporters use dirty tricks to get intel?”

            “Well,” Rhodanne twirled a strand of hair around her finger.  “I haven’t had to use any to get intel on you,” she said.

            “But on other people?” Reno asked, cocking an eyebrow, glancing over at Chomeske and Caanan, who did not look like they would be waking soon, and then out the window, where the outside was rapidly growing darker.

            “Well, occasionally, yes,” Rhodanne muttered.  “I’ve had to go through some garbage cans sometimes,” she laughed.

            “Oh, no, I’m talking about other methods,” Reno smirked, leaning in closer.

            “Hun? Nope,” Rhodanne beamed, a slight blush on her cheeks.

            “Hey,” Reno said.  “Let’s play a little game,” he suggested, remembering he had seen Rhodanne’s name on a list given to him by his teacher before, but he had noticed her in class before, always watching him.  He supposed he might as well....

            “What kind of game?” Rhoda asked, scooting back, settling her back against the swirling glass, which was impossible to see anything but a silhouette through.

            “Well, can you keep a secret Rhodanne?” he asked, licking his lips.

            “Well, it depends on what you’ll do to keep my lips sealed,” Rhodanne replied, a slight blush dusting her cheeks when Reno placed a hand on her knee.

            “Then be sure to keep quiet,” he grinned.  “One sound, and our game is over,” he told her sternly.  “You know, I haven’t touched a girl for a while, I’ve been lonely.”

            “I hate being lonely,” Rhodanne said, grabbing his hand and dragging it up her leg.  “I’ll be here whenever you need me Reno, this can be our little secret.”

            “No writing any reports on this,” he smirked.

            “Never,” Rhodanne said, just before his lips came down on hers.

________________________________________________________________

Reno, you were not a plaer in the original idea Oo..... bad Rhoda!!  you weren't in the original Dx

hehe, oh well, this is going to tie in to the later plot x)

enjoy~ thanks for reading~