(28) Strength

Nice long Chapter for you guys seeing how you have been so patient and have voted so much!! Thankyou guys :D My last big deadline for my Art is on this coming Wednesday so after that I will be concentrating on getting this story finished for the Watty Awards!!

Your support has been fantastic and I just want you to know that it is greatly appreciated ^.^

There might be a few spelling mistakes, I didn't have time to edit haha

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Thankyou!!
Daisy xx

P.S Thankyou for all of the Happy Birthdays on my profile, thats so sweet n.n Totes made my day haha

_______________________________________________________________________________

I let my hand trail gently along the lilies as the ship smoothly cut through the water, gathering energy as I went. I had positioned myself at the bottom rung of the wooden ladder that was fastened to the side of the ship, one hand holding me up, the other hand reaching down to brush against the lilies as we sailed by. 

It wasn't the most comfortable position but so much energy was flowing through me that the cramps in my legs were disappearing before they had even begun.

I reached out for a particularly large flower and as my fingers made contact with the soft pink petal, I felt a small shock run through me before the flower was falling behind and I was passing onto the next one. My hair fell over my shoulder and I noticed that the golden strands held a soft magical glow, not as strong as the first time I had accidently gathered energy, but a glow nonetheless. I sighed. It was time to stop.

Withdrawing my hand from the water I stayed in my position for a few minutes longer, enjoying the beautiful dusky lavender shade that colored the once blue sky. The first few stars had appeared, twinkling distantly from above and the half full moon appeared to be much closer than usual. I stuck out my thumb, placing it in front of the moon but the white orb overlapped the edges, surrounding my thumb in a soft white halo.

"Circe?"

I twisted around, looking back up the ladder to where Cobalts head had suddenly popped out from over the side of the ship. 

I smiled softly. "Hello Colby."

His handsome face was twisted with worry, a small white strip of tape stuck over his broken nose to hold it in place, but at my greeting the corners of his mouth pulled up slightly although his eyes were still clouded with guilt. 

"Circe I'm so sorry-"

"Colby it's okay! It wasn't your fault." I cut in quickly, swinging myself up and beginning my ascent back up the ladder. I gratefully took the hand that he offered me and he pulled me up over the side of the ship and onto the deck. 

"I still want to make it up to you." He said firmly. "How about I sleep with you out on the hammocks tonight like I promised?"

I would be lying if I said that the idea wasn't tempting, but my eyes drifted over to where a certain Pirate stood, majestic behind the wheel, his mismatched eyes trained on me like always. His gaze narrowed when he saw me looking at him before his eyes slid sideways to glare holes through his brother.