(9) Henry and the Creature

Looking at me uploading at exactly 400 votes!! :D This Chapter is for all the Bones fans out there ;) hope you enjoy it :)

I only have two shout-outs today!!

LauraCortinaMora - Check out her story :)

Oh and to Whitney222 whos banner features in the scrapbook banner I made over thataway -----------> thankyou very much!!

Read and enjoy, and do me a favor and read the bit down the bottom, it will save you asking questions for those of you that have them xP

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

Daisy xx

______________________________________________________________________________

I dashed down the passage way, pressing myself up against the wooden walls whenever I heard voices, and peeking into every door I came across. I knew it was stupid to try and hide, I was wearing a white for goodness, but there was some kind of survival instinct that reared it's head as I hurried through the darkness, bare feet barely making a sound on the worn wood floor.

Suddenly I felt a cool breeze on my face and the sound of voices grew louder. Trying not to breathe too loudly, I peeked around the corner, my eyes falling upon an open door at the end of the passage way, a small glimpse of night sky showing.

Which way was the Captains room? I could either double back and look for his room further in the heart of the ship, or I could hide somewhere on the deck until someone gave me a clue as to where it was.

Straining my memory, I tried to remember the few times I had been on a ship. On my Fathers vessels, the Captains room had always been the biggest and had alway led straight out onto the deck, easy access to whatever was happening on the ship at the time. And now that I thought about it, I remembered back to when Obsidian had flung open the door to his room. The wind that had gushed through had definitely not been the dwindling breeze that might float down a hallway.

Making up my mind, I snuck around the corner and made a silent dash for the door, hiding myself behind it just as two hulking figures walked through it. I slapped a hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming out in fright, trying to stay as still as possible. It would only take a slight movement to give myself away, I wasn't exactly in the proper attire for 'blending in'.

"Did you hear something?" One of the men turned his head slightly to the side, his nostrils flaring dangerously.

He was massive, standing at at least six-foot-five, his companion around the same height. His skin was as black as coal, his muscles defined beyond belief, his only clothing a pare of scraggly pants that were cut off around his knees and a bold red scarf that covered his shaved head. His ears were decorated with large gold and silver hoops and I saw what looked like a sharks tooth, pushed through one of the holes in his ears, stretching it. His arm muscles flexed and in the light of the lanterns set into the walls, I saw a long jagged scar that was a shade lighter than his skin, running from his shoulder down to his elbow.

I gulped, unable to take my eyes off him as I eyed the cutlass slid into his belt.

"You're just hearing things," His friend said, laughing and punching the man on the arm playfully. I flinched, the blow looked as though it would hurt, seeing how the second man was just as large and muscular as the first. What happened to short people on this ship? Did they all get thrown overboard or something?