(18) Regret

So here is Chapter 18 :D I tried to make it as long as I could because Im not sure when I will be uploading next, Im super busy at the moment as my Art Folios are due in next week and I need to get them finished!

So basically that means I will be doing alot of painting and not much writing :L I also have some banners to put up on the side and I will do that as soon as I get the chance.

AIMING FOR 500 VOTES FOR THIS CHAPTER PLEASE!!

Thankyou guys for reading, enjoy,

Daisy x

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Cobalts P.O.V)

What had just happened?

I stood quite still, staring at the spot that Hobbs had just vacated and that was the only thing that ran through my mind as my jaw hung agape, my hands loose by my sides.

What had just happened?

Surely it wasn't like I thought it was, there HAD to be some kind of reasonable explanation for what had just occurred. Men couldn't be Sirens could they? That would just be ... wrong. Especially since Hobbs was so old. And he was old! Even though he appeared to be as fit and healthy as I was, apparently. I cringed at the thought of such an old guy having abs. That was just gross. 

And what was happening anyway? What did he mean by 'doing his job' what job! He was supposed to be a Historian for Pete's sake! Not some poncy fish man!

I edged forward until I was peering over the edge of the deck. A few bubbles still lingered from his dive but I could see nothing of what was happening below. 

He had said my brother was in trouble, Obsidian in trouble? Well that was nothing new. It was Circe I was worried about, she had better not have been hurt or I was going to ring my brothers neck. 

At the thought of Circe I remembered what Hobbs had told me to do. It wasn't so much the thought of seeing him naked that bothered me, more the thought of anyone seeing Circe with no clothes on. 

I hurried to Obsidians quarters, pausing only to look over the other side of the deck where we were docked against the wharf. Quite a few people were scurrying to and fro from the surrounding ships but no-one seemed to be acting as though they had seen anything unusual. I breathed a sigh of relief. It had felt to me as though the whole Hobbs ordeal had had the attention of the entire port from the time that he had stripped his shirt to when he had dove into the water. 

Slamming open the door to Obsidians room I headed straight for the closet beside his bed, pulling out three blankets and an extra one just in case. I carried them out on to the deck again and tried not to feel like too much of an idiot as I waited in the spot I had previously vacated, woolen blankets in hand. 

Time passed and I began to sweat. Surely they would have come up by now? No-one can possibly hold their breathe under water for that long could they?

Just as I was starting to seriously consider tossing the blankets aside and diving in myself, the surface of the water began to bubble.

"Holy shit-

Obsidian came flying out of the water as though someone had thrown him, miraculously landing on the deck on all fours, coughing and spluttering. I dropped the blankets and rushed towards him noticing the scratches that laced his bare back and chest and a deeper gash that ran straight across his chest as though someone had attempted to tear a huge chunk out of him.