I Can't... {20}

____Chapter 20____

~Jerome P.O.V~
I couldn't do this. I didn't love Jason, I still love Mitch. I pull back from the kiss. I get off of him and quickly put on my clothes. "Jerome? What's wrong?" Jason asks, sitting up.
"I ummm..." I didn't want to break Jasons's heart, but I wanted to be with Mitch, not Jason. I ran out the bedroom door.
"Jerome!" I could hear Jason yelling for me to come back. I looked behind me and see Jason running after me without a shirt on.
"Please Jerome! Come back! What's wrong?!" He yells. I quickly grab my keys off the counter, run ouside, and jump in my car. I drove off quickly, not even knowing where I'm going.
I ended up driving to the only one of my friends within driving distance, Mat.

~Mitch P.O.V~
We watch T.V. until the nurse comes in and says Mat can go home now, but keep an eye on him.
I pick Mat up, bridal style, and he giggles, "You know I can walk, right?" I smile down at him in my arms and reply, "Of course I do."

~SKIP TIME~

I walk up the steps to Mats' house, him in my arms again. He had fallen asleep, so I whisper in his ear, "We're here..." His eyes flutter open and a smile appears on his face when he sees his house.
He jumps from my arms and runs inside. I walk in after him chuckling, "Steady now."
I find him laying down on the couch staring up at the ceiling.
"Dood?" I question him. "What are you doing?" He keeps staring at the ceiling, his smile has turned to a frown. I go over to him and lean into kiss him. He pushes me away saying, "Stop..."
"I..." He starts. "I know how happy Jerome and you were together, and all I care about is you being happy...I'll be in my room if you need me." He gets up and leaves me sitting on the couch, staring where he was laying.
I just sit there, staring at where Mat was laying, until the doorbell rings.

~Author's note~
Yep, short.
-Unicorn