Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"A TRACKING DEVICE!" Phoebe yelled as she sat up, her head hitting something hard.

"Ouch," she muttered as she placed a hand on her forehead.

"Sorry," a voice said.

Phoebe looked up and automatically grinned.

"Tyson!" she said joyfully and jumped at him.

Tyson caught her in time and wrapped his arms around her waist. Phoebe placed her head on his shoulder.

"So, what were you saying about a tracking device?" he asked.

"Oh, um, just a bad dream," Phoebe mumbled.

"What did you see?" Tyson asked as he kissed her forehead.

"Well, in my dream, I was playing treasure hunt and I got teamed up with some other random person," Phoebe lied.

"And?"

"Then, well, umm, you see, whoever won received a prize. I won and my prize was a tracking device," Phoebe fibbed.

"Oh, well, listen. I need to ask you something," Tyson hesitated.

"Go on," Phoebe said as she moved her head and looked at him.

Tyson put Phoebe down on the couch and sat next to her. He looked at her once then quickly looked away.

"What is it, Tyson?" Phoebe asked.

"I..I'm...I," Tyson hesitated again.

"Oh! Let me guess! You're hungry!"

Tyson chuckled. "No."

"You're thirsty, too?" Phoebe guessed.

Tyson laughed out loud. "Where do you get all this stuff from?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Phoebe mumbled and looked down.

"I didn't say I didn't like it. I like it, and I like you," he whispered.

Phoebe's eyes nearly popped out of its sockets. Her heart was beating tremendously fast and she held her breath.

"I like you, too," she confessed softly.

"What I'm really saying is I-"

"HELLO! I AM HOME!" Cody shouted as he walked into the lounge room. "Oh, hey Ty. Didn't know you were coming over. Does my mom know you're here?"

Tyson looked upset for just a second then redeemed himself.

"Yeah, she was here when I got here. She said she had to go and do something. She looked pretty tired. I'm guessing she's been busy lately," Tyson said.

"Yeah, she has," Cody replied then looked at Phoebe and Tyson. "Did I interrupt something?" he asked even though he knew the answer. He was eavesdropping on them.

"Pretty much," Phoebe replied.

"Oh, okay. Well, good," Cody shrugged.

Phoebe sighed and shook her head.

"What? Still upset about this morning?" Cody grinned.

Phoebe just glared at him.

"Oh, I don't know who Tyson is. Oh, I don't know who Maria is. Oh, I don't know who Carly is but I remember you, Phoebe," Cody teased.

Phoebe chucked a pillow at him and he swiftly dodged it.

"Baby, let's go," an annoying voice said from the door.