Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 3

Hi again.

This is chapter 3.

Please let me know if you like it.

Thanks again!

Chapter 3

"You're joking, right?" Cody raised a brow.

"No, I'm not. Phoebe will be staying with us for a while," Maria said.

"But mom, you know that's not possible."

"Cody, can I talk to you in private for just a sec?" Maria asked.

"Whatever," Cody said as he got out of the room.

"Please excuse us, Phoebe," Maria said as she shut the door behind her.

Phoebe looked around and saw a black backpack. She opened it and was relieved to see clean underwear, jeans and a top. She stripped off and quickly pulled up the jeans. Then she pulled the orange tank top on her. She searched deeper into the backpack and found a black hoodie. She put that on too. She took out clean white socks. She couldn't find any shoes besides the hospital slippers.

She stood there for a while and wondered why Maria and Cody were taking so long. She walked up to the door and listened.

".....found it in her bag," Maria said.

"I know but what if it's like a trap? What if she's faking?" Cody asked.

"She's not faking. I took X-rays and I saw the damage done to her brain."

"So are you sure about this?" Cody asked again.

'Yes, I am....and stop acting like an idiot. She is going to be your responsibility and I want you to take care of her. Now, let's get back in there," Maria said as she walked towards the door.

Phoebe ran back and jumped on the bed as the door opened.

"Oh, I see you're dressed. Would you like your shoes?" Maria asked as Cody slumped onto the floor.

"I have shoes?" Phoebe asked in disbelief.

Cody choked back his laughter.

"Yes, they are the shoes you had on when you came in. Surprisingly, they're still in good shape."

"Yes, please." Phoebe smiled.

Maria then left Phoebe and Cody alone so she could go and get Phoebe's shoes.

"So, how's your back?" Phoebe teased Cody.

Cody looked up at Phoebe and raised his eyebrows.

"What?" she asked, offended.

"Where did you learn to do a move like that?" he asked.

"I honestly don't know. Well, I can't remember. Maybe I took self defense classes or something."

"Probably," Cody said.

"So, seriously, how is your back?" Phoebe asked again.

"I'll tell you as soon as I go to a physiologist."

Phoebe just laughed.

"It's not funny, Fobee-"

"It's Phoebe , not Fobee," Phoebe corrected him.

"Are you sure it's really Phoebe?"

"Well, that's the name I'll be going by until I find out for sure."

"Fine, Phoebe. As I was saying, it wasn't funny. I could have gotten hurt."

Phoebe scoffed. "Your fault. You kept on calling me 'it' and 'thing'. Plus, you kept on yelling at me."

Cody stood up and walked to Phoebe. Phoebe also stood up.

"What's your surname?" he asked.

"At the moment, it's Ash."

"Okay then, listen, Ash. Nothing is my fault unless I say it is. Got that?"

"No, you listen, Jones. I don't stand for anyone's crap and that anyone also includes you." Phoebe pointed at Cody's chest as she said this.

"Oh yeah?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Prove it, then," Cody challenged.

"What?"

"Prove that you don't stand for anyone's crap."

"How do you want me to prove it?" she asked.

Cody smirked then leaned closer and out of nowhere, crushed his lips against Phoebe's. Phoebe tried to push him off but he was strong. Cody wrapped his arms around her waist and tried to push his tongue into her mouth. Phoebe raised her fist and gave a strong blow to Cody's cheek. Cody grunted as he fell backwards and landed on his butt. He wiped his mouth and grinned.

"You proved it. I'm impressed," he said as he got up.

"Asshole," Phoebe called Cody.

"Where are you from?" Cody asked.

"What?"

"The way you speak, I mean your accent. It's different. Are you from England?" he asked.

"I...I'm not sure."

"Maybe Australia?"

"Say that again," Phoebe told Cody.

"Say what? Australia?"

"Yeah. It sounds....familiar."

"So you're Australian?"

"I think I am," Phoebe said.

"Wow...so, do you think us American guys can kiss or what?" he grinned.

"You are so full of yourself. Oh, and don't you dare kiss me again without my permission or else," Phoebe warned.

"Or else what?" Cody asked, amused.

"Or else I will kick you somewhere so hard that you won't ever be able to reproduce."

"Ouch! I'll keep my distance then. You're not my type, anyways."

Phoebe sighed as she realized the asshole in Cody was back. Just then Maria came back into the room with a pair of gray, stiletto ankle boots.

"I was wearing those when I was brought into the hospital?" Phoebe asked.

"Yes, you were," Maria replied.

"Hey, mom. While you were gone, we figured out that Phoebe is Australian."

"Australian? Wow, that explains your accent," Maria said a bit too thoughtfully.

"Can I have my shoes now?" Phoebe asked.

Maria handed the shoes to Phoebe and Phoebe put them on. She stood up and was surprised when she saw that she walked with ease. Cody's eyes quickly went up and down Phoebe's body. Snap out of it! Don't forget about Carly! Cody thought.

"Cody will take you to our house, now," Maria said.

"What?" Phoebe and Cody yelled in unison.

"Cody will drive you to our house. I'll be here till late at night," Maria said.

"You mean, I have to get in a car with him?" Phoebe asked.

"And I have to get in a car with her?" Cody asked.

"You two are acting weird. Why? Is there a problem?" Maria asked suspiciously.

"No," Cody and Phoebe replied together.

"Fine. Now get going you two. I'll sign you out Phoebe. You can keep that backpack. Your other belongings are already in the car. I put them there while I went to get your shoes." Maria then left the room.

Phoebe looked at Cody and Cody looked at Phoebe. It was going to be one long drive.