Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 2

Hey! 

Here's chapter 2. 

Let me know what you think! 

And sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. 

Thanks!

Chapter 2

Phoebe had a dreamless sleep. She was awake but had her eyes shut. She wasn't ready to face whatever may happen yet. She could hear mumbling in the back ground. She focused her attention. 

"So she doesn't remember anything, does she?" a soft female voice asked. 

"Nope, not a single thing. She didn't even say anything 2 days ago when I last spoke to her," Maria said. 

Two days? How long have I been asleep? Phoebe asked herself. 

"You think that maybe she has forgotten how to speak?" the other voice asked again. 

"No, she hasn't forgotten. It will come back to her soon," Maria informed. 

"Are you sure you want her to stay at your house?" 

"Yes, I'm sure. She can't stay here at the hospital the whole time and if she got out and about, her memory might come back," doctor Maria said. 

"And what does Cody think about this?" the voice asked. 

"He doesn't know yet. It shouldn't bother him, anyways." 

"And what exactly are we calling this patient?" 

"At the moment, it's Phoebe Ash," Maria said thoughtfully. 

"She's a beautiful young lady. It's a shame what happened to her." 

"I know, Katrina. I don't even think she knows what happened. I'll have to explain it to her later," Maria said to Katrina.

Phoebe heard the clicking of the door. Once she was sure they were gone, she opened her eyes and sat up. She looked around and saw that she was in the same room. She sighed heavily and ran her hand through her brown hair. She noticed that she was still wearing the ugly hospital gown.

I need to find a bathroom, Phoebe thought. She pulled the blanket off her and slowly put her bare feet on the cold floor. She pushed herself off the bed. Her legs were aching but not a lot. She stretched her arms then opened the door. She slowly walked down the corridor, praying no one will notice her. She looked around and saw doctor Maria. She walked the opposite direction. She looked around and tried looking for a bathroom sign. BANG! She walked into something hard and stumbled onto the floor. She thought she walked into a pole.

"I'm sorry. Are you all right?" a familiar, irresistible voice asked. 

Phoebe looked up and saw that Cody was bending down to help her up. He stopped halfway when he realized it was Phoebe. 

"Oh, it's you. What are you doing out of bed? Oh, no, wait. Forget I asked that, you can't even speak," he said as he stood up straight and ignored Phoebe, who was still on the ground. 

Phoebe just looked at him. He had curly dark hair and the most perfect lips ever. He had good bone structure and a firm jawline. His light green eyes were looking down at her. 

"Does my mother know you're here?" Cody asked Phoebe. 

Phoebe didn't reply. She was still on the floor. Cody sighed and stretched out his hand to Phoebe.

"Here, I'll help you up," he said as he grabbed Phoebe's hand and pulled her up with ease. He didn't let go of her hand. He just moved closer and looked her in her eyes. He looked into her eyes real hard for a long time. He sighed then let go of Phoebe's hand. 

"I'll be honest with you. You intrigue me. I don't know why but usually girls would kill to talk to me," he grinned in an up himself kind of manner, "but you. You're different. Very different. I don't get it. Why won't you speak?" 

Phoebe just tilted her head to the left and smiled. Cody shook his head and redeemed himself. 

"Whatever. I just came here to talk to my mom, not you." He shrugged and walked away with his hands in his jeans pockets. Phoebe stared at him and noticed how his black shirt was tight around his biceps. Phoebe looked around and grinned when she saw a blue sign with a white silhouette of a lady stick figure. She walked towards the door and pulled it open. She stepped inside. Like the rest of the hospital, everything was white and very clean. She looked in the mirror and nearly yelped in surprise. Her hair was like a bird's nest on her head. Her rosy cheeks were more pink than usual and she had sleeping marks on the right side of her face. She turned the tap on and washed her face with warm water. After that she used the toilet and washed her hands again. She looked around for a toothbrush. She opened drawers and searched cabinets until she found a new one still in its packet. She opened it and used the small toothpaste tube that was in the packaging of the toothbrush. After she brushed her teeth she used her fingers to untangle her long hair. After she was satisfied, she walked out the door.

It took her a while to find her way back to her room but eventually she did. As she was about to open the door something grabbed her hand. She looked back and saw it was Cody. 

"Where the hell have you been? Do you know how much trouble you've caused? All the nurses and doctors are looking for you!" he yelled. 

Phoebe pulled her hand free from his.

"Don't you care at all? You can't just go for a stroll without letting anyone know where you are!" he yelled again. "You're a patient! This isn't your house and can't go around doing what you feel like!" 

Phoebe clenched her fists together. She was getting angry. Why was Cody acting like he cared when he actually saw her earlier and did nothing to stop her? Cody sighed in frustration and took out his mobile. He punched in some numbers. 

"Hello? Mom? Yeah, it's Cody. I found it." 

There was a pause then Cody talked again. 

"It decided to go for a walk, apparently. It's in front of its room. Okay. See ya," Cody said as he hung up. "My mom will be here in 5 minutes." 

Why does he call me 'it'? Phoebe asked herself, angrily. Her eyebrows furrowed and her breathing deepened.  

Cody looked amused. "Are you.....angry?" he asked then laughed. He cracked up. He laughed so hard that Phoebe thought his head would explode. This agitated Phoebe very much. She watched as he wiped a tear from his eye. He was still in laughter.

Cody placed one of his hands on Phoebe's shoulder. In a split second, Phoebe grabbed that hand and flipped all of Cody over onto the floor. Cody was stumped. How did she do that? He asked himself. Phoebe bent down just a bit to look Cody in the eye. 

"Laugh at that," she said. 

She straightened herself and walked into the room, slamming the door shut behind her. 

Cody was abashed. He just got told by a girl and more worse, he was lying on the floor with a sore back.  

"Shit," he muttered as he got up. 

"Cody? Where is she?" Maria asked as she ran up to her son. 

"It's in its room," Cody said grumpily but still walked into the room with his mom. He leaned against the wall and looked down at the floor.

Phoebe smirked when she saw Cody.  

"Phoebe? Are you all right?" Maria asked with worrying eyes. 

"Hello, doctor Jones. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to make your acquaintance earli