Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 16

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE shout out to:

Dracula

taayBABE

SweetLily

bookworm1004

ruqayyah

AnonomiaUnknownia

lilrascal (sucks!)

And to everybody else who has voted or commented!

Thank you guys!

Chapter 16

Phoebe looked around and took in her surroundings. There was just one big room and about thirty single beds. There were curtains separating the beds. The walls were white, the bed sheets were white, everything in the area was white and sterile. The room was absolutely spotless. Not one thing was out of place. Phoebe looked to her left and saw a bunch of flowers and cards. What is it with people giving other people flowers when they're not feeling well? she asked herself. Phoebe gazed around. There was nothing for her to do. She sat up and looked around again. No one else was in the room. She was alone. Phoebe thought for a while then she got off the bed.

"Gosh, I hate these hospital gowns," she said under breath. She rummaged through a bag that was lying on the floor next to her. She found a pair of her jeans and a black sweater. She put them on and then set off.

Phoebe managed to tip toe out of the ward unnoticed. She walked down the hall that led out of the medical wing. Like all the other hallways, the floor was marble and the walls were a creamy brick colour. Most of the corridors were candle-lit.

She walked slowly and quietly. She turned her head back and continued walking forward. The corridor was dark, long and there was an eerie silence. Phoebe crossed her arms against her chest and continued walking.

"What are you doing, Phee?" a voice asked.

"Oh jeez, Greg, you scared me," Phoebe sighed.

Greg chuckled, "Sorry if I did but seriously, what are you doing?"

"I'm going to my room," Phoebe declared.

"You're supposed to be in bed and rest."

"Well, what're you doing then?" Phoebe asked.

"I was gonna bail you out," Greg told Phoebe, blushing.

"You were gonna bail me out?"

"Well, I was gonna help you get out of here but it looks like you don't need the help."

They both started walking back towards the dorms.

"Thanks, by the way," Phoebe murmured.

"For what?"

"For helping me out, the other night. You know, for bringing me to the med wing."

"Don't mention it, Phee. You were lucky I was heading to the gym and saw you."

"I guess you already know what happened that night?"

"Actually, Phee, it was at about one in the morning. So I think you should say morning instead of night," Greg grinned.

Phoebe hit him playfully.

"But jokes aside, I know what happened. Well, Rogers told me. He said you got into a fight with a some guy," Greg explained.

"Actually, the guy attacked me and I defended myself."

"You nearly blew it, you know!" an unfamiliar voice shouted.