Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Remember, try to keep your breathing to a minimum, don't touch anything in my car, don't talk to me unless I talk to you and once we get to my house, stay out of my room," Cody told Phoebe for the tenth time.

"Yes, yes. I know. You told me like a thousand times already." Phoebe rolled her eyes.

They were both in the parking lot. Phoebe followed Cody as he led the way to his car. They stopped as they came across a white Audi R8.

"Phoebe, this is called a car. People drive cars if they want to get from one place to another," Cody said slowly and clearly.

"Cody, I lost my memory...not my common sense," Phoebe told Cody as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"If you haven't lost your common sense then how come you don't know who you really are?" Cody asked and raised a brow.

"Because....who I really am is part of my memory."

"Sure, sure," was all Cody said.

He opened his door and got in the driver's seat.

"Well, are you coming or not?" he asked impatiently.

"What? You're not gonna open the door for me?" Phoebe asked sarcastically.

"Oh, ha. Ha. Get in, Ash."

"Fine, Jones," Phoebe said as she opened the door and sat in the front passenger's seat. Phoebe chucked the black backpack at the back seat.

"Put your seatbelt on," Cody told Phoebe.

"I...I...I don't know how," Phoebe admitted, unembarrassed.

Cody sighed and stretched his hand out across Phoebe's chest to the seatbelt. Phoebe lightly gasped as she saw the proximity of his hand. Cody sighed again and undid his seatbelt. Then he reached across fully and grabbed the seatbelt. He buckled it.

"There. That's how it's done. Try to remember that for next time," he said as he started his car.

"Right. Sorry," Phoebe said.

"Look, my mother told me to make sure you get washed and cleaned up and then fed. You can do the first two things and I'll think of something to get for you to eat. OK?"

Phoebe just nodded and stared out the window. There was complete silence for a while.

"So, tell me about yourself. Oh, no, wait. You can't!" Cody laughed.

"Didn't you already use that one on me before?" Phoebe asked.

"No, no. See, last time I said you can't speak. Now, I'm saying you can't remember."

"You really are an asshole," Phoebe said.

"I am not. Now take that back or else," Cody warned.

A little smile played on Phoebe's lips.

"Or else, what?" she asked.

"Or else, I will kiss you again."

"Pfft! If you try to kiss me without my permission again then I will kick you where it hurts most, remember?"

"Relax. I'm not gonna kiss you, anyways. I only did that to see what you would do."

"Whatever," Phoebe said and looked out the window.

Another eight minutes past when finally, they reached a huge house. It was white and had three huge pillars. The car parked at the end of the long driveway.