Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 1

Hey guys!

Just a story I wrote.

Hope you guys like it!

Chapter 1

Phoebe blinked her brown eyes open. The mattress was soft underneath her. The room was white and clean. She looked around and saw a red cross painted on the door. She had no idea where she was and more importantly, who she was. She licked her lips and tried to get up but couldn't.

"Mom, it's awake!" a very unfamiliar yet seductive voice yelled.

Phoebe looked to her left and saw no one.

"I'm over here, Einstein," the alluring voice said again.

Phoebe sat up with difficulty and looked to her right. She tilted her head and stared at the beautiful creature in front of her.

"MOM! I said the thing is awake! Hurry up!" the tone the boy was using was very impatient.

"I'm coming, just wait!" a distant voice replied.

The unknown boy turned his head and looked at Phoebe. Phoebe just sat there, not knowing what to do. The boy's green eyes quickly assessed her. Phoebe ignored this and looked up at the ceiling. It was white, just like the walls, the bed sheets and the weird gown she was wearing.

"What are you staring at?" the handsome boy asked her.

Phoebe looked at him again. She was silent. She didn't know how to respond.

"Fine, don't answer me." The boy shrugged.

Just then a lady in her late thirties came in the room. She was wearing a long, white coat and had a stethoscope around her neck. She smiled gently at Phoebe.

"Finally, mom. What took you so long?" the boy asked as he crossed his arms against his chest and leaned on the wall.

"Cody, you are so impatient. I'm giving you 50 bucks to be here, remember?" the lady said.

"You're giving me 50 bucks to stay here until it wakes. And guess what? It's awake. So give me my money and I'll leave," the boy, who was named Cody, said.

"Don't call her an 'it'. She is a human female," the woman said as she took out a fifty dollar note.

"You just wanted me to be here 'coz your nurse left home early. So don't go around telling me what to call it," the boy said as he gestured towards Phoebe.

The woman ignored Cody and looked at Phoebe with kind eyes.

"Hello, dear. I'm doctor Maria Jones," the doctor said as she placed a glass of water on the bedside next to Phoebe.

Phoebe looked at the doctor. She had black eyes that were framed with glasses and she had the deepest dimples ever. The doctor waited for a response. She got nothing from Phoebe.

"Do you know who you are? Can you remember anything?" Maria asked again.

Phoebe just swallowed and blinked her eyes.

"She has suffered from amnesia. The fall must have really done some damage," the doctor said as she took her glasses off.

"Here, I'll make her remember," Cody said as he gently pushed his mom aside.

He stood next to Phoebe and looked into her eyes. He carefully placed his strong arms on her shoulders. The touch sent sparkles up and down Phoebe's body.

Cody leaned in closer and tightened his grip on her. Phoebe could feel his cool, minty breath on her face. Cody's eyes trailed down to Phoebe's lips then back into her eyes. Then all of a sudden, he shook her back and forth.

"TELL ME WHO YOU ARE! YOU'RE WORKING FOR THE C.I.A, AREN'T YOU?" he yelled.

Phoebe's eyes went wide as Cody shook her hard.

"Cody Jones, stop that this instant!" Maria said sternly.

Cody ignored Maria and looked at Phoebe.

"Do you remember now?" he asked.

Phoebe smiled and moved her face closer to Cody's. Her lips curved into a small smile. Her face was only two inches away from Cody's face. Phoebe stretched out her fingers and then, poked Cody's nose. She giggled then poked the tip of his nose again. She giggled again.

"Hey, stop that!" Cody said, grabbing Phoebe's hand and letting it drop back on her side.

"It could be short term amnesia. She may get her memory back soon or it might come back as flashes...or she might not ever get it back," doctor Maria said.

"Mom, you're the doctor, not me. I don't care. I got my money and now I'm outta here." Cody moved up to his mom and gave her a small peck on the cheek. He looked back at Phoebe who was still sitting on the bed, and poked his tongue at her. Then he left the room.

"Anyways, love, when you were brought here at the hospital, there was a bag with you. In the bag, there was a picture of a girl and a boy. At the back of that photo it wrote 'Phoebe Ash and Brad Callum'," Maria said slowly and clearly.

Phoebe's chest tightened at the name of Brad. She didn't know why.

"The girl in the photo looks just like you. So we're guessing you're Phoebe Ash. Does that name ring any bells?" the doctor asked as she placed her hands on Phoebe's hands.

Phoebe opened her mouth, like she wanted to say something but then she closed it. She looked at the doctor with a blank expression on her face.

"We can't find any information about you. No hospital records or birth records here. You must be thirsty. I got a cup of water for you." Maria gave Phoebe the cup. Phoebe drank and

wanted to know where exactly 'here' was. The doctor must have read her expression.

"By the way, you're at the UCLA medical center in Los Angeles. I won't tell you anymore because it could be overwhelming for you. At the moment, we'll call you Phoebe. Phoebe Ash," the doctor concluded as she got up.

She was about to leave the room when she turned back and looked at Phoebe.

"You've been here for 6 days. Since we don't know anything about you and since you don't have a home, you'll be staying with my son and I at our house for a while. Now, get some rest, Phoebe. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on you."

With that the doctor left the room and shut the door. She put the cup back on the bedside table. Phoebe let her head rest on the pillow.

She had a tonne of questions: Why am I here? How did I get here? Why can't I find it in myself to speak? But most importantly, who am I really? She asked herself mentally. But all those questions had to wait because her eyelids seemed heavy which was weird considering she wasn't restless a minute ago. She looked at the cup and realized that the water was drugged. Before anything else could happen, her eyes shut and she fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you think so far

Thanks!!

xox.

© Adorkable