Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Cody was in his room with Carly. Carly was on top of him and kissing his neck but Cody's mind was too occupied with Phoebe. He had actually hit her. He had never hit a girl in his whole life. He felt guilty and sorry. He had freaked as soon as she was lying unconscious on the floor. He looked at his knuckles and saw the bruises.

"What's wrong?" Carly asked him.

"Nothing. It's just my hand. It's hurting. That's all," Cody lied.

"You seem upset. Why aren't you all over me?" Carly asked as she lay down next to Cody.

"I'm...I..I'm just not in the mood. You should go home, now," Cody said.

"But I thou-"

"Carly, we've got school tomorrow. Seriously, you should leave. I'll see ya tomorrow," Cody said and gave a quick little peck on Carly's lips.

"All right," Carly mumbled and for the second time that day, she climbed back out the window.

Cody sighed in frustration. He couldn't even enjoy making out with Carly. The girl he has liked ever since 7th grade. Cody heard a car pulling up the driveway. He got off his bed and ran downstairs. He opened the door only to find his mother.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hello, Cody," Maria answered back as she entered her house.

"Where's Phoebe?" Cody asked.

"She'll be staying at the hospital tonight," Maria answered without looking at Cody.

"Mom, you know I'm sorry, right?" Cody asked.

"Sorry? Cody, what has gotten into you? You could have apologized to her at the hospital but instead you just asked if you could knock her out more because you enjoyed it!" Maria's voice got louder.

"Mom, I will apologize to Phoebe but I swear, I didn't mean to punch her," Cody nearly whispered.

"Then why did you do it?"

"Be..b...because she said that I'm heartless and that it's only 'coz Sandra's dead. She told me I need to admit it and that I should get over her death."

"Oh, honey," Maria said as she gave her son a hug. "It's all right."

"I'm going to jail, aren't I? She's going to press charges."

"She said she won't press any charges. You're lucky she's a nice girl," Maria said.

Cody's heart nearly stopped. He couldn't believe that Phoebe won't be taking him to court. He remembered her face. He couldn't stand the fact that he gave Phoebe a black eye.

Phoebe stirred in her sleep. She rotated to the right and opened her eyes. She saw a stack of papers with a pen on top. She groaned as she remembered school. She sat up and noted that it was four-thirty in the afternoon.

"Hey," a voice said.

"Tyson, you came," Phoebe breathed.

"I promised I'd come the next day, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did." Phoebe felt stupid for saying that.

"Your eye's looking better. Anyways, Dr. Jones helped fill out the enrollment forms. You just have to sign then that's it," Tyson explained.

"Cool, I can do that," Phoebe said.

"Where are you from?" Tyson asked.

"What?"

"The way you speak, I mean your accent. It's different. Are you from England?" he asked.

This was exactly what Cody had asked her only a couple of days ago. She smiled at the memory but her smile wiped away as soon as she felt her head throbbing.