Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Phoebe blinked her head clear. Maria was standing at the doorway with her hands on her hips and shouting for Cody. Phoebe sighed and stood up.

"Cody Jones, get down here to me or I will get up there to you!" Maria yelled again.

"He's asleep. Don't bother," Phoebe said as she yawned.

"I cannot believe this happened to you. Are you all right? Are you hungry? Why are you wet?" Maria asked all at one.

"Actually, I-"

"Did Cody do this to you? It was him, wasn't it? Oh, you just wait. I am going up to talk to that boy. He will never learn," Maria said more to herself as she marched up the stairs.

Phoebe yawned sleepily and followed Maria.

Maria was furious. Her 19 year old son couldn't even look after someone other than himself. How was he meant to get married and have kids if he couldn't provide food for just this one girl? Maria didn't even bother knocking. She literally kicked Cody's door open. She walked into his room and saw that he was lying on his bed with nothing but his favorite boxers on. Maria sighed angrily and walked up to Cody.

Phoebe followed Maria into Cody's room. Even though it was dark, it was still easy to tell that his room was very neat and organized. To Phoebe's surprise, Cody didn't have pictures of half-naked women on his walls instead he had pictures of cars and....action heroes? Phoebe's eyes trailed the walls until finally landing on Cody. WOW! She thought. He was sprawled across his bed in nothing other than Superman silk boxers. Cody had the perfect abs. Phoebe couldn't get her eyes off his chest. Cody stirred in bed and huddled. Phoebe watched in awe.

Maria walked to Cody and gave one big slap against his chest. Cody sprang up from bed and looked around. His eyes first landing on Phoebe and then his mother.

"Ouch! What was that for?" he complained.

"For what you did to Phoebe!" his mother replied.

"What did I do?" Cody looked innocent.

"Well, look at her!" Maria said, pointing at Phoebe.

Cody looked Phoebe up and down for longer than necessary.

"Yes, I saw her. So?" Cody shrugged.

"So? She's as pale as a ghost and her clothes! They're wet!" Maria exclaimed.

Cody just stared at his mother.

"What's your point?" he asked impatiently.

"You will never learn. What is wrong with you? How could you go to sleep knowing that this helpless girl is downstairs all wet and hungry?" Maria asked in disbelief.

"Oh, please! She doesn't even know who she is!" Cody snorted.

This made Phoebe pissed off.

"My real name is Phoebe Ash. I'm 18 years old. My father is dead but I still have a mother. I am from Queensland in Australia. I went to school there. I'm not sure about siblings but I remember one main name, Gregory Vinth." Phoebe was about to mention that she was called Agent Ash but then she remembered Kevin Rogers words in her dream, 'no one from the outside world is to ever know the truth about you.'

Maria just stared at Phoebe and Cody looked shocked as well as embarassed.

"How do you know?" Maria asked.

"I...I had a dream. I saw...I don't know what it was, but it was me. My name really is Phoebe Ash and I don't know how but I do know that I am 18. I was talking to Greg and he was going on about how my father was dead. In the dream, I seemed...normal. I mean, normal as in before I lost my memory," Phoebe finished.