Shhh...It's Confidential - Chapter 10

Here's the much awaited *cough* chapter 10 !!

Chapter 10

Phoebe yawned as she got out of bed. She went into the bathroom and cleaned herself up. She noticed she was still last night's outfit. She wondered who took her home. She could still remember the sensation she felt when those strong arms cradled her. She quickly changed into any random thing. She walked down the stairs. She could hear Maria and Cody arguing.

"....you do that?" Maria yelled.

"It wasn't my fault! She walked out! Jeez," Cody said.

"Well, who knows what would have happened if-"

"This is pointless, I'm going," Cody said as he marched up the stairs.

He stared daggers at Phoebe. Phoebe just looked at him, not knowing what her fault was. She hopped down the steps and walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning," she said to Maria.

"Morning, Phoebe."

"What happened yesterday night?" Phoebe asked Maria.

"Last night?"

"Who carried me home? I felt arms carrying me," Phoebe explained.

"Oh, well, you fell asleep on the sidewalk. A boy who lives nearby saw you and decided to take you home," Maria said.

"Who was it?" Phoebe nearly whispered.

"I'm not sure if you know him. His name is Tyson. Tyson Thorpe."

It felt as if someone had stabbed Phoebe in the heart. She felt her cheeks getting red. He carried me, he touched me, he tucked me into bed, Phoebe said to herself.

"Tyson lives nearby?" Phoebe asked.

"Yes, just up the street."

Tyson, Phoebe thought. She wondered how his lips would feel against hers. She thought about how he would taste. She hadn't even talked to him and she was falling for him. She remembered seeing him at the gym.

"He's a nice boy. Very polite and respectful," Maria trailed off as she took a sip of her coffee.

Phoebe walked up to the fridge and took out an apple.

"So what were you and Cody arguing about?" she asked.

"Please, don't mention that boy's name in front of me. Sometimes I wonder what I did wrong. He wasn't always like this. He actually used to have a heart. I was just mad because he watched you leave the gym and he knew you didn't know the way back," she said.

"Well, I guess it was my fault. I shouldn't have left. I'm sorry. I should go and apologize to Cody," Phoebe said, looking down at the ground.

"No, it wasn't your fault. Don't bother about talking to that disrespectful boy," Maria said.

"I still should apologize," Phoebe said as she left the kitchen and headed to the stairs.

Just then, the door bell rang.

"I'll get it!" Phoebe called out as she ran to the door.

She unlocked it and opened. She dropped her apple as she realized who it was. They just stared at each other. Speak, loser! Speak! She mentally yelled at herself.

"Uhh..." Phoebe stuttered.

"Yeah...I...uhh..." he stuttered too and Phoebe found that cute.

She could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks.