Doing Whats Right

"No, please don't!" I beg as the large man above me brings down an axe.

I burst awake. That must've been a nightmare, but what does it mean?! This school is great and all, but I've been so confused about so many things since I started here.

Looking around me, I can see that the others are asleep. I'm too nervous to get out of the tent, but I'm also extremely curious about who's up. I pull the zipper of the tent down very slowly, trying not to wake the others in my tent. I peek out of the tent. There are some people out roaming around. Mostly teachers, but I can see a few students as well.

A hand on my shoulder makes me almost scream, but I quickly stop myself. I turn around and see Damon staring back at me.

"Oh hey. You're awake. Did I wake you up?" I ask.

"No, but we gotta get started with the plan" Damon says as he begins shaking Jackson awake.

"What's the first step?" I ask as Jackson rises up, rubbing his eyes and stretching.

"First, we need to go get the others, then we need to get some extra help" Damon says.

"Extra help? What do you mean extra help?" I ask.

"Like extra help. We need to go find others to help" he says.

"We can't! Are you nuts? We can't go around the camp asking for help to go on a rebellious mission to try and stop the tournament. If we do that, someone will report it to the staff. It's just way too risky, Damon" I fire back at him.

"Well I planned on being more careful than that. I'm gonna question people first, then if they don't want to, I'll have my friend Howard erase that from their memory" he assures me.

"Who's Howard? and why didn't you tell us about him?" Jackson asks.

"Howard Gulman, he's a student here at the school with the power to erase memories. I didn't tell you guys because I didn't think it was that important" Damon protests.

"Well I guess it's not, but next time, tell us. This is our plan, and I'd like to be informed on all parts of it. I'm hardly agreeing with what we're doing now" Jackson says.

The tent zipper comes down fast. Kaitlyn pokes her head in.

"Hey guys!" She says.

"Kaitlyn! What if we were naked in here or something?! You can't just burst into our tent" Jackson says.

"Oh stop it. I've been listening outside the tent for the last 5 minutes anyways. I was pretty sure you weren't sitting in here talking while naked" Kaitlyn says.

"Yeah, but seriously, ask next time, would ya?" Jackson says, frustrated.

"Are the other girls out there with you too?" Damon asks.

"Yeah" Kaitlyn answers back.

"Alright, then we should go talk somewhere else because it looks suspicious if you have your head in our tent for a long time, and there's no way we could fit all of us into this tent. At least, not comfortably" Damon says.

We crawl out of the tent to join the girls on the other side.

"We still have to find Adam and Kameron" Jackson points out.

"Crap. Yeah we do" Damon agrees.

After walking around the camp for almost 15 minutes, we spot them. We run over to them. They're standing with another student, talking.