46

Beth's POV~

"Thanks mo- Claire?"

"Hey! Are you alright?" She let go of the door knob and gave me a hug. My purse and suitcase dropped to the floor.

I was a little taken back by what she did. I thought she was at work. Why is she here? Not saying it in a rude way.

"Hi and I'm not sure." I said and wrapped my arms around her.

"Come inside." She let go and grabbed my bags from the floor.

"Thanks." I smiled and walked through the door.

"Where's mom?" I asked Claire.

"In the kitchen." She pointed and I nodded.

Claire and I both walked into the kitchen. I saw my mom sitting at the table with her head in her hands and the phone right beside her.
She looks stressed and tired.

"Mom?" I said quietly. I don't want to speak to loud.

"Bethany?!" She got up from her seat and rushed towards to. " Oh thank god my baby is okay." she wrapped her arms around me and squeezed.

Has anyone ever heard of personal space? Jesus Christmas!

"I don't know mom." My cheek rested on her shoulder and I hugged back.
I

It's times like this I wish I had Harry next to me. But he'll be back soon.

"Lets go to the living room." My mom patted me on my shoulder and we walked out into the living room.

My dad was still sitting down watching the football game. I swear that's all he cares about. I could be losing an arm or something and he would really care. Yea, love you too dad!

"Hey Beth. Everything fine?" He asked. He took the remote control and lowered the volume.

I didn't feel like talking so instead I shrugged my shoulders. I plopped down on the couch, an something poke my butt. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out the bracelet.

"Hey Claire. Is this yours?" I held up the bracelet so she can see it.

"Yes! Thanks for telling her mom!" Claire grabbed it from my hand and hooked it around her left wrist.

"Telling me what?" I looked at my mom and Claire who were both sitting on the same couch.

I was sitting on the love seat, and my dad was in his recliner.

"Oh! That's what I forgot to tell her. I knew I was missing something." She pointed her finger at Claire.

"What are you guys talking about?" I was so confused.

"I told mom to tell you to look for my bracelet. It probably unhooked when I went over. Must've fell when we sat on the couch. I thought I lost it forever but luckily you found it." She smiled and looked at her wrist.

So that's why her bracelet was there.

I nodded and threw my head back on the couch and closed my eyes. I'm so tired and stressed. And on top of that I have a headache.

Ugh..

"So.. What happened?" Claire started the conversation.

I opened up my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

Do we really have to talk about it? Cause I really don't want to.

"House got vandalized and broken into." I shook my head and massaged my temples.

So fucking frustrated.

"First your neighbor got stabbed and now your house got broken into and vandalized?" Claire gasped.

"Your neighbor got stabbed?!" My mom shrieked.

Shit.. She doesn't know. I didn't tell her what happened to Mrs. Owens because I knew she would act like this.

Why would Claire bring this up? I glared at her and she looked everywhere but in my eyes.

"Please don't yell." I groaned

"Bethany this is serious!" She yelled again.

Can she not yell? I asked her nicely to not yell and she does it anyways.

"What happened to your neighbor?"

"Mom it's not that big of a deal." I held my cheek with my hand and my elbow rested on the couches arm.

"Bethany." Her tone was stern.

She isn't going to let this go. I know she isn't. She'll push and push until she gets the answer out of you.

"She got stabbed and now the person who did it is still out there." I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You can be in danger Beth!" She yelled again.

For fucks sake can she not yell!

"Mom I'm perfectly fine!" I yelled back.

This better not turn into a screaming match.

"The person is still out there Bethany. I'm not going to let you go out there with out any protection." Her voice was calmer

"I am a grown adult mom." I told her.

She needs to not treat me like a baby. I'm older now.

"You need to be protected. You can barley handle yourself when Harry isn't here." She stood up from the couch.

Is she fucking kidding me? I can definitely handle myself when he isn't here. Is she trying to say I am weak? That I always need him by me 24/7?

I can't fucking handle this right now! I'm stressed out and I have a headache. Can't she leave me alone for now?

"Can we not talk about this. I have a headache and I'm stressed out." Tears were threatening to spill from the corners of my eyes. "Just leave it alone for now." I whispered.

If Harry was here he would hug me and tell me everything was going to be okay. The way he comforts me makes me feel better. I just want to break down and c-

Pull your shit together Bethany! Maybe mom is right. Maybe I can't handle myself while Harry's gone..

Fuck that! I can definitely handle myself! I'm a strong person. I've handled myself before and I can do it again. I'm not a weak person. I'm strong. I know all she wants is for me and the baby to be safe. But I'm an adult and can make my own decisions. I'll show my mom that I can handle myself when he isn't here. Even though I can... I think..

"Fine." Was her last word before she walked away.

My dad didn't say a word through out this whole conversation. He got up from his recliner and followed my moms footsteps.

Is he agreeing with my mom? Or is he going to go check up on her?

"Shit." I whispered to myself and threw my head back on the couch again.

----

I know this chapter is complete shit but I'm tired and I just finished homework ..

Screw homework

Anywhore

Vote comment follow!