33

Another day another dollar!

To bad I don't have a job. I'm thinking about getting one since I'm always here alone at home. And I HATE it! But I know for a fact Harry wouldn't agree to me getting a job.

Once again.. The damn struggle.

You know what today is?

MAIL DAY! The day I get some new magazines in the mail and sit back and read them.

It was noon so the mail should have came by now.

I opened the door and walked down the drive way to the mail box.

I stood in front of it and opened it.

My magazines came! And so did a few envelopes.

I closed the mail box and looked through the mail.

Me. Me. Me. Harry. Harry. Both of us. M-

"Bethany?" I heard a sweet voice call.

I turned my head and saw Mrs. Owens.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Owens!" I smiled and walked over to the little white picket fence that separated our property.

"Do you think you can help me?" It's like her eyes were begging me to say yes.

But this is mrs. Owens we're talking about. The most sweetest, cutest old lady ever.

So adorable.

You know what makes me sad about old people? It's when they eat alone at a restaurant. That's so sad. It hurts my heart.

*Tear*

"Of course. Let me put the mail away and I'll be over." I smiled and walked away.

I walked in the house and set the mail on the table. Should I grab my phone?

Naaaaa. I'm only next door.

I closed and locked the door and walked next door.

I knocked on the door three times and she opened the door.

"Thank you for coming Bethany." She smiled and welcomed me in.

Her house was so big for her. I thought mine and Harry's house was big, but hers is a little too big. Don't get me wrong, I love my house. Even though it's one floor it's really spacious and spread out. I hate two story houses. And those stairs.. Ughhhh.

To much going up and down and up and down.

NOPE. Couldn't do it.

"What did you need help with?" I turned around to face her. I put my hands in my back jean pockets and fiddled with the house key that was in my pocket.

"Getting rid of Gorges belongings." Her whole face went motionless.

Mr. And Mrs. Owens have been married for 60 years. I remember her telling me they got married at 27 years old. They never had kids, and they loved to just enjoy life and travel the world. Now that's a perfect life. But he died of a heart attack 2 years ago. She's only 87 years old and lives alone. I've told her a couple times that she should go into a nursing home but she is totally against going to one.

"Mrs. Owens a-.."

"Call me Gloria." She waved me off.

I don't usually call peers older than me by their name. I feel like it's rude. That's why I call them by their last name. And by adding 'mr. Or mrs.'.

"Gloria." I corrected my self. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I don't want her to get sad and depressed cause we got rid of his belongings.

If I was in her position and Harry died of a heart attack, I wouldn't get rid of his belongings. I would want to keep them so that way I know a piece of him is always with me. Even if they are just belongings.

"I'm positive." She smiled. "It's time to let it go. I'll see him up there one day." She pointed up. "I'm getting up in age."

"Don't say that! You going to live to you're 200!" I was shocked she would say that.

"I'm growing old, Bethany. My time will come eventually."

I nodded. I know she's going to die, because she's old. But she should at least be positive and say that she'll live longer.

__________

I need your love, I need your time, when everything's wrong, you make it right. I feel so high, I come alive, I need to be free with you tonight. I need your loooooooooove!

that ^ is literally my favorites song everrrrrr. Keep replaying it over and over again.

but this was just a little filler chapter cause I'm doing homework.

kill me now..