28

Bethany's POV

After the airport I came home and took a nap. I woke up and it was 12:42.

I cried myself to sleep. How pathetic am I.

'You know how pathetic you are? VERY pathetic.' the little voice inside my head was telling me.

I was currently in the living room watching TV. (As usual)

Because after all, all I ever do, is watch tv.

I don't even know what was on the screen because I wasn't even paying attention. I just put on the TV for the noise so it wouldn't be quiet.

& Here I am.. sitting down on the couch looking out the window, starring at nothing.

It feels like I lost my husband. Why am I mourning? Harry didn't die. He just left to go to America.

Yea, like that's any better.

Ya know what? Enough 'mourning' Bethany. Grab your shit together and go out and do something! Don't just sit on your lazy ass all day. Go out and have fun.

Or try to have fun.

Just sitting her and crying isn't going to do me any good. It's going to make it worse..

Way Worse.

I got up off the couch and walked to the room. I didn't really walk. it was more of a crawl.

A couple minutes later I got out the shower and changed. I was in dark blue skinny jeans, with a blue and white checkered flannel. I put on my All Star Chuck Taylors. They're White, red and blue.

It's cute because me and Harry have matching ones. When he wears them, then I'll wear them & vise versa.

We like to match sometimes.

I went to the bathroom to do my hair . I blow dried it an straightened it. I put on some foundation and powder. I was good to go.

I grabbed my purse and phone from the coffee table and opened the door.

Why was there someone standing in front of my door?

"Umm.. Hello." I said, putting my purse on my shoulder.

"Hi." She waved

"May I help you?" I lightly chuckled

"I'm your new neighbor!" She pointed to the house next to mine and Harry's.

Has that house even been up for sale? I don't remember ever seeing it up for sale.

"Nice to meet you." I stuck my hand out and she shook it. "You are..." I questioned

"Melinda. I'm Melinda." She finished

my sentence.

"That sounds familiar." I scrunched my eye brows.

"Ha. And who might you be?"

"Bethany. My names Bethany." I smiled

"That name sounds familiar too. I think I know you." She tapped her finger on her chin, trying to think.

Why does she sound so familiar? It's like I've known about her. She looks familiar too. Melinda... Melinda...

Nope. Still didn't ring a bell

"I can't remember. But sorry I'm holding you up. Looks like you have some where to be." She smiled.

Bingo! of course I have somewhere to be. Why would I be dressed and ready to walk out the door?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a smartass.

whoops.

I shook my head and cleared my throat.

"Y-yea. It's fine. See you around, Melinda. Welcome to the neighborhood." I smiled

She walked away and went to her house.

"That was weird." I said to my self.

I locked the front door and went to the car.

As I was driving the only thought running through my head was, 'why does the name Melinda sound familiar?

--------

:)(: