Nineteen

{A/N: So, I know Jonathan and Javier were not there during the actual Grammys, but this is my story, let me be. xxAv}

*Lin's P.O.V*

"Ceci, come here." I said, adjusting my costume. She skipped over, clutching a clipboard in her hand.
"Yep?" She chirped.
"You'll come on stage with us if we win, right?" I asked Ceci, sitting so I could be closer to the same height as her.
"Si tú quieres, pero, no es my Grammy, ustedes lo ganaron." She said, automatically switching to our native language like she usually did while we were talking.
"Yo te quiero ahí, eres parte de este equipo, hijita." I said. Ceci grinned.
"Then I'll be there."
"Groffsause, come here." Lin called, motioning to Jon as he walked past. Jon started walking backwards, beeping as if he was a truck.
"You called?"
"You know this, but Ceci doesn't, and she should hear it from both of us, but the adoption is almost finalized, were almost done with all the paper signing, and my lawyer wife says that the appeal and the hearing could be weeks away." I said excitedly, squeezing Ceci's hand.
"It's so close, honey." Jon said to Ceci, rubbing her shoulder. "Don't cry again, I don't like it when you cry, I cry when you cry."
I laughed and nodded my agreement.
"We are family-" I started to sing quietly, laughing.
"LIN!" Jon and Ceci yelled together, laughing.
"Cici, I need you over here, come here." Kaitlin Fine, our assistant director called, holding a headset. "Here, I need you to call the cues, I'll be back in twenty minutes, but there was an emergency, I'll be right back."
She slid the headset over Ceci's head, adjusting the microphone so it was over her mouth.
"Click and hold this while your talking." Kaitlin said, pointing to a button on the side, then grabbed her bag and ran out of the door.
"Hey, look at me!" Ceci laughed, holding the button. "Can y'all hear me?"
It came over the loudspeaker, and everyone shouted yes from their dressing rooms.
"Hell, yeah." Ceci grinned, walking back over. "I'm in charge now."
"You're late to call 30 minutes till places now." I reminded her, looking down at my watch.
Ceci cursed.
"Hey, watch that mouth."
"This is twenty seven minutes until places, twenty seven minutes. Hair and makeup should be completed, and you should be in costume, or getting into costume. Twenty seven minutes." She said, repeating what Kaitlin usually said.
"Good job." I laughed.
We talked, and I realized it was the ten minute call.
"This is ten minutes, ten minutes till places. If you're not dressed get dressed or I'll beat your butt." Ceci said over the speaker again.
Everyone in the vicinity laughed, and I'm sure from their dressing rooms they were laughing too.
"You know, we should have a party tomorrow, regardless if we win or not. We got to preform in the Grammys, that's a win to us." I said.
Jon and Ceci laughed. "Great idea."
"Everyone, this is five minutes until places. Every single person should be adjusting their costumes, not getting dressed, ahem, Leslie, and getting ready to go up. Show circle starts in a minute in the open area, come on." Ceci said, we all stood up and made our way to the table to hold hands all around it and just be in peace.
"This is places, places is now." She shouted. "Toy, toy, toy!"
We all made our way to the stage, and Ceci, Jon and Javi ran towards the audience to sit with her friends.
Leslie started the song, flawlessly as always, and it continued beautifully.
The audience clapped and cheered during my first line, and I winked at everyone in the first row (Ceci, Javi, whoever)
"ALEXANDER HAMILTON!" We all sang at the end, and the audience exploded.
I was so proud of my crew and team, they were all I could have wished for.

{A/N:
'If you'd like, but it's not my Grammy, it's yours.'
'I want you there, you're part of this team, little one.'