the love you make (finale part two)

{December 24th 2023}
*Cici's P.O.V*

"We moved out of New York a month ago and you miss it already?" I asked Gabe as we walked through the streets. Gabe turned and grinned at me.
"Of course. I love Boston but it's not New York. You prefer Boston?" Gabe asked.
"Duh." I answered. I slid my gloved hand into Gabe's as we walked, my other hand resting on the minuscule curve of my midriff. "Better for the baby, too."
"The baby would like New York better." Gabe laughed. I shook my head.
Gabe stopped short. "Hello, home." He said to the building in front of us. There was the Richard Rodgers, shining brightly with the sign for its newest show shimmering.
"We should go in. Surprise the cast. Everyone would be so happy to see the original Maria Elena." Gabe said.
My senior year of college was filled with trips in and out of New York from Boston to prepare for my Broadway show. In the City I Love was welcomed by millions as Lin-Manuel Miranda's newest show. The story of Maria Elena, a girl who illegally immigrated to Manhattan from Chile during President Trump's administration.
I preformed as the lead from October to October before moving back to Boston. Gabe was finishing law school and I was planning on working in Broadway in Boston whenever a show came by.
"No. Come on, everyone's waiting for us. We can go by later." I said, pulling Gabe away.
"KNOCK, KNOCK!" I shouted as I knocked in the door of my old apartment.
"Hermana!" Sebastian shouted as he opened up the door. I screeched, wrapping him in a hug.
"Hija?" I heard Lin call, rushing to the door. "Hija!" Vanessa was close behind him. The four of us held each other for a moment.
"And Gabe!" He added. We all laughed and pulled him inside, shutting the door.
Sitting at the table was Jon. My eyes lit up. "Dad!"
He ran over to me, wrapping me in a hug.
Everyone came. All the Mirandas were there, Gabe's dad and stepmom, his mom. Jon's family. West even came from Boston.
"I brought wine. But you can't have any, so I'll drink it." She grinned, kissing my cheeks. "I still think we should have gotten married."
"Go away." I laughed, pushing her away jokingly.
As we sat around the tree, exchanging presents, I passed a thin package to Lin, Jon and Vanessa. Jon was the first one to screech at the picture.
"IS THIS A FOR REAL BABY?" He screamed. I grinned.
The next few minutes were passed in shouts, hugs, tears and advice that no one wanted to hear.
The night was spent in utter bliss. In all my childhood I never would have thought I could have a family that would push me on as mine did. Little me would have been surprised at the fact that she made it out alive.
"Are you okay?" Gabe asked me, sitting next to me as we looked out of the window. He passed me a mug of coffee.
"I'm perfect."