Chapter 31

[Ava's p.o.v]

     "Dan?" I start to look at his back as he hugs me. "What are you doing?" I felt him go still. I had no idea why he was hugging me. I had just woke up!
     He then squeezed me tighter. I could barely breathe. I felt my shoulder get a little wet.
     Patting his back, I ask, "what's wrong, Dan?"
     Phil then came up and said, "come on Dan." He then tried to pull him off of me, but he wouldn't budge. I waved Phil off and mouthed, just give him a minute.
     We all sat there in an awkward silence for about two minutes. Dan must've really missed me over-night. It also might be something else though.
     He finally pulled away from me and wiped his tears. "I'm-I'm sorry I hugged you for so long. Plus, I got your shirt wet"
     "No, no it's alright," I responded quickly. "Are-are you okay, Dan?"
     He started to cry a little more. Shaking his head, he walked towards the door saying, "I need to talk to Phil." He walked out and Phil soon went after him.
     Once they left, I started freaking out. "Was it something I said?" I ranted to Mallory, "what did I do to make him start crying like that?! What..."
     "Shh," Mallory put her finger up to her lips. "You're overreacting, as usual."
     Alright I have no idea what that means.
     "Huh?"
     "Do you..." She sat down on the bed. "...rememeber any of us telling you his name?"
     I tilted my head. "Who's?"
     "Dan's."
     I chuckled, "well, other than just now," I paused. "No I don't think so."
     She started smiling uncontrollably. Patting my knee, she said, "you did it Ava."
     "You're remembering."

[Dan's p.o.v]

     I ran towards the door, trying not to sob anymore, but I couldn't control it. "I need to talk to Phil," I say, walking out the door. Being my clumsy self, I almost ran into a nurse rolling a tray of utensils down the hallway.
     I walked down the hallway a few rooms down. Emotions eventually took over, and I collapsed on the floor. I sat up against the wall crying tears of joy.
     Phil then came up to me. Kneeling down, he gripped my shoulder. "Hey," he said in a calming voice. "What happened back there?"
     I still couldn't talk. My throat felt tighter than ever.
     He then let go of my shoulder, sighed, and sat up against the wall next to me. He waited for me.
     The sob-fest went on for quite a while. Could it have been possible? Did I help her remember?
     No that's only in fairy tales. Calm down, Dan. Take a deep breath.
     I stopped crying and sighed. Phil noticed, saying, "you ready to talk now?" I nodded.
     I took another deep breath. "She remembers me Phil."
     He looked over at me. "What do you mean?"
     "Did either you or Mallory tell Ava my name?"
     Phil's eyes widened. "I thought you had!" I shook my head as tears started to stream down his face. He had his mouth covered. "This is amazing, Dan! How did this happen?"
     I shook my head. I was in the same place as Phil, amazed at how it even happened. I had a theory, but it can't be possible. Although, I might try it again tonight before we leave.
     "We should start heading back," he held out his hand to help me up. "They've got to be worried about where we went."
     I took his hand and he hoisted me up. "Yeah, except I look like a mess."
     He chuckled, "hey at least you don't look as bad as you did the few days before."
     "Yeah, that's true." We keep talking on the way back to the room. It's been so long since I've heard her say my name. It makes a spark inside me light.
     As we entered, Ava was sobbing with a giant smile on her face. Mallory was sitting on the bed crying a little bit too.
     Phil then walked in tearing up a bit too. As he saw what was happening, he walked over to Mallory and whispered something in her ear.
     As she got off the bed, she told Ava, "we're gonna go get some lunch."
     Phil whispered to me, "she's all yours." Patting my back as he and Mallory left.
     Me and Ava sat there in silence for a long while. "So," I say as I clap my hands. "How-how do you think y-you regained your... memory? W-well part of it."
     She smiled at me and chuckled, "I'm not - it's really all unclear to me how it happened." She paused and looked at her hands laying on her lap.
     "Is... something the matter?" She seemed off.
     She bit her lip, holding back the tears, but couldn't. She started to cry again, "I-I have a f-f-feeling that - that you are the one who regained my memory!"
     At this point, I was crying along with her. I hugged her and asked, "how come?"
     "I-I remember someone kissing my forehead last night..." she paused. "I mean before my last dream..."
     I interrupted her, "I'm sorry, but I just want to say that... I think our dreams are connected."
     She nodded and smiled at me, while crying, "exactly! As I was saying, I felt a kiss and your voice saying 'I'll see you soon again, old ava'. And-and that night I had a dream about you saving me from that light that burns me!"
     I just wanted to kiss her again just to see what would happen, and before I knew it, I had my lips on her forehead. Her heart rate was going off the charts before. Now it's like I had calmed her down immensely.
     I pulled away from her head. She looked at me straight in the eyes. "It was true," she breathily said. "You did help me regain my memory."

A/N: hey peeps!
Ah the happy times of memory regaining has come. Your all prolly thinking, "oh it's just gonna go down hill from here."
NOPE!!😈
I'm planning on writing a sequel to this story once this is at a good point. And the next story is going to be filled with lots of emotional points, maybe even more than this one had!😬
So I'm just really happy you've all stayed here for so long! I realized this story has gotten really long and that's one of the main reasons I'm writing a sequel.
Also, if any YouTube people are reading this, HOW DID U ASK YOUR PARENTS IF U COULD HAVE A YOUTUBE ACC?!!? I'm having a hard time gaining the confidence to ask my parents. Also if you did ask when did u? Because I'm about to finish middle school... So...
Anyways, I love you all and have a lovely Day/Night!
Later👋🏼