Chapter 5

[Dan's p.o.v]

*one week later*

     "I had a lot of fun this morning Dan." Ava told me
     Ava and I were standing outside our flats saying goodbye to each other from coming back from our second date. I scheduled another one the last time we met. It wasn't a very roomy space outside our apartments. They were right outside from each other, so we were standing very close to one another.
     Ava smiled at me. "Well, that's good." I told her, "I had a lot of fun too." She looked into my eyes, waiting for me to say something more.
     I knew, then and there, that she loved me the same way I loved her. Not a best friend kind of love, but something more. Something special.
     I looked down at the ground, trying to think of a way to say this. But then I realized, that figuring out a way to say something is worse than just saying it.
     "Ava," I say very softly. "I've been thinking about this for a very long time." I look up from the ground a little to see her face. She is looking at me with a straight face. I explain to her, "Ever since I met you, I felt like a part of me has filled. To be honest, I didn't even believe in love at first sight, but now I do." I see her eyes widen and her face light up with joy.
     She tries to find the words to say, but they just come out as stutters. I hold her face in my hand and bend down. My lips touch hers.

[Phil's p.o.v]

     I hear talking outside the flat. I assume Dan and Ava were back from their "date". As they talk I can hear it very well, but then I hear quiet chatter. I head downstairs to the door to see what was going on. I hear silence.
     I walk out the door to see if they were still there. "Dan?" I say. He was leaning over Ava, kissing her.
     I stopped right there. Ava looked up and saw me, and Dan turned around. He reached out for me, but I ran back into the apartment and up the stairs. I slam my bedroom door and locked it. I felt a bubble in my throat as I started crying. I sat in my colorfully green bed which didn't comfort me this time and curled up into a ball.
     I heard the pitter-patter of Ava and Dan's feet. "Phil," I hear Dan say to me. "Phil please open the door so that we can explain."
     "No!" I yell out.
     Ava tells Dan, "Come here. I need to talk to you." They walk out to the living room to talk, but I choose not to hear anything they said.
     After a little while, I hear Ava talking again in the hallway, "Just give him a little time." She told Dan, "call me or text when you two have made a decision. Bye Dan." I hear her walk down the stairs to the door. Then I hear Dan run into his room a slam is door.
     Great, I thought, What did I do to their relationship? I don't know why I freaked out when I saw them kissing. I mean, I feel like I'm jealous. Why?! Why do I feel that way?! Did I just ruin their relationship?
     I thought about this for hours, just sitting in my bed. I waited for my mind to come to its senses to make the right choice.
     I fall into a deep sleep.

A/N: Hey I hope you all liked this chapter! Maybe you could give this story a vote? Maybe? Thanks.
Anyway, I just want to thank you all for reading! I will hopefully see u this week for a new chapter.
Bye👋🏻