Chapter 15

[Dan's p.o.v]

     I walk around the flat, waiting for Phil. I understand why it's taking him so long to get ready. This was his time to shine. His time to bring out everything he's got. This was his first date with Mallory. In just under an hour, Phil will be laughing and chatting with her nonstop.
     Luckily, me and Ava are going with them to make them feel a little more comfortable. They are both very shy from what I can tell. So, I'm going to dress in my suit and bow tie to look nice for Phil.
     I look into the bathroom mirror. I do a quick fringe check and look to see if my hair is straight enough.
     Suddenly, it's fourty-five minutes until his date! "Hey Phil," I call out while walking up the stairs. "Are you ready?"      There was silence.
     "Phil?" I look in the lounge. Nobody.
     I still call out and look in all the rooms he could possibly be in. Their was nobody in the house. Complete silence rang through it.
     I swipe my phone from my coat pocket and dial Phil's number. It rings and rings, but I get nothing. Just his voicemail. "Damn it Phil!"
     With my coat in hand I rush down the stairs in our flat and out into the stairwell. When I lock the door, I hear the door behind me opening. Mallory and Ava come out of their flat in stunning dresses.
     Ava had on a teal, knee length, sundress with a black headband in her hair. It had a little poof on top that made her hair look more fluffed. Her shoes were tan sandals with a blacktop loop and a flower on top.
     Mallory had a dark red, floor length dress. Her hair was combed out with nothing in it. She had a small, tan purse that could hold only her phone and money.
     "Hey sweetie!" Ava says and gives me a little smooch. She then gets a puzzled face. "Where's Phil?"
     I scratch my head, messing up my hair. "I can't find him," I sighed. "I tried calling his cell, but there was no answer. My guess is he is waiting for us outside with his phone silenced."
     Mallory looked disappointed. "I hope he is," he said. "I don't want him to stress out too much about this."
     We all nodded and went down the stairwell. Me and Ava holding hands, while Mallory walked in front of us. She opens the door and looks around outside, running down the steps. After not seeing Phil standing anywhere outside, her head goes down.
     Ava looks at me with a sad face as she starts to walk over to her friend. She put her hand on Mallory's back and comforts her, saying, "I'm sure he just needed some air. We will wait for him." She turns around to look at me and I nod.
     We sat on the steps waiting for Phil to show up. Ten minutes pass and we still wait. Mallory starts to lose hope that he was coming back. I could see tears down her eyes. Ava hands her a tissue when she sees them running down her cheek.   "Give him a few more minutes." She didn't seem so sure about it as she said, "He'll be back. I promise."
     As soon as Mallory was all cleared up and her face wasn't red anymore, Phil came around the corner with a bright smile. I stand up and start to walk towards him with a straight face. Phil saw it.
     Stopping, his smile drained into a worried face. "Dan? What's wrong?"
     "What's wrong?" I started to do a whisper yell. "What's wrong is that you freaked all of us out by not being here, not being in the flat!"
     He looked down. Mumbling, he said, "I'm sorry."
     "What?"
     He looked up and had a stronger voice. "I'm sorry. I was just walking around the block."
     I saw the worry in his eyes that I was mad at him, which I was, but I could never hurt Phil in a mental state. I decided that I should just put this behind us and worry about the date. "Okay Phil," I say gently. "But I expect you to not take a fifteen minute walk next time."
     He nodded and we started heading toward the girls. Mallory jumped and hugged Phil. He hugged her back and told her that he would never abandon anybody like that. Telling her that he just needed some fresh air, we got into the taxi and drove off.
     Tonight was Phil's night. I won't let anybody get in the way of that.

A/N: this week has been so amazing!! I am having a 5 day weekend right now bc of 3 snow days!! (WHAT WHAT) and I have been writing like crazy ever since the new month started!
And I have taken up the drawing skill. They look like crap to me but once I get the new ink brush pens I want, (which might not be until my birthday) then I feel like they will look pretty cool.
Anyways, I hope you all have had a great week so far even if you didn't have a snow day this week!
Bye👋🏼